Infusions?

awesome, thank you. i always decarb, i learned through experimenting. my first year or 2 were all non-decarbed, and i now KNOW the difference, on a personal level lol. i got unprocessed raw honey from a local, so here’s hoping for the best. boiling a deer skull cap today, maybe i’ll make the honey tomorrow when lil guy is at school.

1 Like

Any tips, helpful hints, recipes?

2 Likes

Just make it like any other oil or butter I use 1 ounce of flower to one cup of butter/oil. As far as making the chocolate it is super simple. Buy some quality chocolate, I buy bulk Belgian chocolate off Amazon. You mix it 2 ounces of chocolate to 1 ounce of infused cocoa butter. The taste is absolutely killer and the buzz usually comes on fast and hard. A little tip for you in case you didn’t know it when consuming gummy‘s or chocolates if you melt them in your mouth instead of chewing them up and eating them you will get a stronger effect and a much faster affect. You absorb the cannabinoids through the glands in your mouth, much like putting nitro pill under your tongue if you’re having a heart attack.

8 Likes

i knew that MCT oils could be taken sublingually, under the tongue like you described, but i didn’t know that about gummies and chocolates, thank you!

2 Likes

By the time I dissolve the chocolate in my mouth my whole body tingles. Love it I don’t get too much of a head buzz from edibles but if I puffer little bit with an edible, yeah definitely enhances it.:+1:t3:

5 Likes

i don’t get much, if anything, off of edibles. the term i guess is “ediblocked” and i came across it in my experiments about 6 or 8 months back. on that note though, i found an edible lays what i call “the groundwork” for a great high through the day if i smoke with it. like the edible enhances the smoking buzz. maybe it’s wishful thinking, or maybe not. more tests (and test subjects, MWAHAHAHAHAA) are needed. it would be kool to find half a dozen people who edibles effect in a general manner and say 5 more whom identify as ediblocked (cus im part of this too, so 12 people total) making video journals or something, but collaborating to share personal experience and dosages… sorry, i get carried away. i love my science. the book that got me into extractions, for instance:

6 Likes

Sooooo, I used to give talks at health clinics and one alderman’s ward office in Tucson to old people (like me) about how to use cannabis to combat pain as well as for mental relief. I still instruct old people and have several of my octogenarian neighbors on different regimens.

Cannabis absorbed through the mouth, lungs or nasal passages (more CB1 cannabinoid receptors in your nasal passages than all of your lungs) is absorbed as THC Delta9 and reaches maximum effect/absorption in a matter of twenty-thirty minutes. When it goes through your liver, it gets converted to 11-hydroxy THC, a form that crosses the blood-brain barrier more readily and can be more psychoactive, BUT, takes much longer to do, hence why many new people fuck up with edibles.

6 Likes

i didn’t know any of that, very kool. i naturally “french inhale” the last of every toke i take, it was more to be “cool” when i was young and now is just second nature, so that’s awesome. any ideas what could lead to “ediblocked” ? i’ve gone entire days only eating my cannabis, not smoking any, to see if there was any effect. all i really got was a relatively good mood. nothing to write home about and nothing compared to my buddies melting in the couch next to me off of 1/8 the amount. that’s what led me to the MCT and sublingual use, but i still dont get anything close to what’s been described to me. i’m left with a disappointed longing, but i still keep trying and i keep making the infusions for my buddies/family. tomorrow im doin 1 oz in 1 cup honey as you described, i gotta plan around when my kids are here lol. the things we do for the things/people we love. anywho, i have a tendency to go off on tangents. conversation in this house is lacking lol. my pet project right now is unraveling the ediblocked problem so any ideas you got…

3 Likes

I thought I couldn’t catch a buzz off edibles until… I started pressing bud. Not sure if the rosin has something to do with it but it crushes me.

6 Likes

I heard ediblockages are caused by french inhaling … LOLOL … just messing with ya!! I had never heard of french inhaling, or the term so I had to look it up. Next time I smoke, I need to see what variation of inhaling I do. The french inhaling seems familiar, but I need to do it to know. Heh.

Looking at ediblocked issues, I found a few places where it’s discussed with tips and all. Sounds like it’s a liver enzyme thing? Some say gummies work better than chocolates/baked goods. Several people say if they eat Tum(s) first, it works. Or something other thing called Agmatine. Some people said it’s just genetics with the liver and can’t be fixed. I think the Tum idea would be simple enough to try? This was on Reddit where I rarely go, but so many searches take me there when I’m lazy. In any case, I’d be disappointed, too. Edibles are my go to these days now that I have enough to cook with.

5 Likes

Merry Cannabis and Hempy New Year!

i havn’t tried it before, so i don’t know if the 3 star rating is warranted or not lol

1 Like

personally, i usually blend in some cannacoconut oil to the store bought lol. this year im going to use MCT, hoping for a different effect :slight_smile: easiest way i found, just warm a bit of eggnog and add your warm or melted oil or butter, blend, then add the infused mixture to a larger quantity. either your own glass, or if you dosed it enough, back into the container. MARK YOUR CONTAINER lol, goes without saying, but you wanna know what’s medicated and what isn’t

3 Likes

Followed your advice!

Base will be 32gm (post decarb) Blueberry Bud infused into cacao butter, then blended with Belgian 70% cacao dark chocolate

Cannabis was decarbed in an Ardent Nova, then finely ground (in a coffee grinder that has only had cannabis in it). Then cacao wafers and cannabis were divided into half and infused in the Nova instead of a bigger vessel.

While hot, the infused and melted wafers were poured through a fine mesh filter, then again through a 37µ rosin bag attached to the end of the funnel and allowed to cool overnight.

The Belgian chocolate arrives on Friday, I will complete the rest of your recipe then! Thanks for the info!

8 Likes

Nice. Make sure you give us a report on the cleanup.:joy: all the little stuff from the cleanup generally gets consumed during the cleanup and then you decide to try a piece of candy on top of it and well… half hour later…:laughing:

5 Likes

i found that using “nut milk bags” for the initial straining is so much easier. then a second straining through cheesecloth into jars or what-not. whether i put the cannabis in the nut bag or if i scoop it into the nut bag, the draw strings and sleeve shape are really easy to work with. i might still have a pic of it. just one of those tips you come across lol, hope it helps.

the pitcher in the back has a “nut milk bag” in it, really useful. also, cus i use household stuff, reuse stuff, i use gallon ice cream buckets to help, and i use the gallon ice cream bucket LIDS to help keep messes contained while pouring. took a lot of trial and error to find these lil hacks lol.

under the mason jar is a “spill catcher.” i wouldn’t say im a cheap b@$!@rd, but… im pretty close. i love lil tips and hints, the things you come across that aren’t common knowledge :smile:

4 Likes

Bears In The Weeds!

First test batch done, should be about 8-10mg THC per bear, 20 per leaf, Belgian chocolate mixed with infused cacao butter. Strength was reduced to share with casual users.

These are tasty and fast acting if you let them melt in your mouth, the drug is still absorbed as THC-Delta 9 through mucous membranes in the oral cavity. What is swallowed is processed by the liver and converted to 11-hydroxy THC (if decarboxylated). So, dual acting; fast in mouth/allow to melt, longer when swallowed and processed through liver. Great for a treat before bedtime.

7 Likes

looks awesome! and great information, thank you!

3 Likes

Infused Belgian Chocolate Covered Pretzel Crisps, 20ish mg THC per

6 Likes

I decarbed an ounce of Blue Ox last night and made preparations to make some infused honey :slight_smile: goin with a mason jar/crock pot method, probably about 5 hours (recipe suggests 4-6 hours). using the nut milk bags i had mentioned a while back. i’ll post again in bout 6 hours with more pics and the final product (save for letting it settle over night).

don’t mind any mess you see… im single father n this past month has not been kind to me lol. i plan on making another batch or 2 of the “nite nite brownie bites” for my ma sometime this week, she’s running low. this is kinda where my passion is right now.
i should add i was inspired by @wow_arizona and his awesome pics and great info.

3 Likes

well, my first attempt at cannahoney. i started questioning if i should let it cool off slowly in the slow cooker before pressing the honey out, but decided to get it done now because my son was being a bit clingy today lol. seems there may still be 1/3 cup in the byproduct, so i put it in a baggy for now. i might just chew on it here n there, like dip lol (i don’t dip). i saved a cup of the local honey so i could try infusing it in a double boiler next time. possibly Friday or Sunday if i get some time.

1 oz of cannabis flower ground up/cut up and 1 cup of local honey. it definitely came out darker but tastes pretty good.
Stay safe, stay high!

5 Likes