International Collaborative Study Reveals The Neuroprotective Properties of Phytocannabinoid Δ9-THCA

A recent Δ9-THCA (Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol acid) study, initiated by three leading companies active in the field of medicinal cannabis research, has demonstrated its ability as a promising treatment modality for Huntington’s disease (HD) and other metabolic, neurodegenerative and neuroinflammatory diseases.

The study also concluded that non-decarboxylated botanical preparations of medicinal marijuana (MMJ) may also contain high levels of other non-psychotropic cannabinoid acids such as CBDA and CBGA that also target PPARγ. Studies like these provide evidence that compounds like these hold significant pharmacological potential. Medical cannabis can potentially be an effective treatment for patients who do not have any other treatment options.

For more details: International Collaborative Study Reveals The Neuroprotective Properties of Phytocannabinoid Δ9-THCA - Phytoplant Research S.L.

3 Likes

Fascinating! Everything I’ve read about cannabinoid acids is nothing short of amazing, and I like to think of myself as a critic.

Here’s the paper, BTW. Dated Nov 2nd, 2017:

https://bpspubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/bph.14019

1 Like