Introduce yourself!

It’s the start of another week, Growers Network friends. We want to offer well wished to all and welcome some new members to GNET: @w.bedijn, @TruSteel, @Newgenicsoklahoma, @TOK_Pharms, and @robertleidelmeijer . Reach out and say hello! It’s going to be a good week!

2 Likes

What’s up I’m Hydrodynamics_Josh…

Well I’ve been involved in the Hydroponics field since about 1995 when I started working at Superior Growers Supply out of Lansing Michigan. It was owned by my friends father and I started out building HID Lighting fixtures (before you purchased them from a manufacturer or from China) and moved into the retail side of the biz and taking care of the show room Hydroponic Systems. That was my first exposure to Hydroponics. So I attended Michigan State University for Supply Chain Management and worked hydroponic retail sales while dabbled in growing during the late 1990’s learning about all the modern hydro techniques and products of the time…this was back when things were limited and “Hydro Shops” were boutique mostly or mail order. Then in 2003 I moved to CA and went to work running the Sunlight Supply Inc National Garden Wholesale Socal Distribution Center located in Ontario CA. Very cool position that taught me everything about lighting and a vast number of distributed product lines that ranged from GH, Botanicare to CAN Filter, etc etc. Of course I stayed close to my roots and by 2009-2010 Hydrodynamics International had grown a lot along with the booming hydro industry and was ready for a Sales Professional. I joined Hydrodynamics and began servicing the grow stores all across the west coast, Colorado, AZ and TX. I advanced my knowledge of propagation techniques & propagation products now working for the creators and manufacturers of Clonex Gel, Clonex Clone Solution and Clonex Mist, etc. With the premier brand in plant propagation gel behind me along with our additional brands; Root Riot, Ionic Nutrients, Europonic Products (Nitrozime & Fossil Fuel, Silicate) I’ve traveled all over promoting the products and teaching people how to use them! From hobby growers to commercial growers I have worked with them all and love the field!

7 Likes

Hi Wim,

Wat betekent het dat je een licentie voor de groei en handel in Nederland hebt?
Zou je me daar wat meer over willen vertellen?

Groet,
Robert

2 Likes

Happy to have you here, Josh! I think I’ve used enough HDI products to fill a swimming pool! Thanks for the bio detailing your journey to get you where you are today…welcome!

1 Like

I think that a topic on edibles would be very informative.

2 Likes

Ask and ye shall receive: the edibles topic has been created: click HERE to check it out, make a post, and talk everything edibles! Discuss away!

1 Like

Hi, My Name is Bill Hickner,
I am CTO at Unity Energy Solutions located on Bainbridge Island, WA, near Seattle. We are new to growers network, and we’re looking forward to getting to know the members. Please allow us this opportunity to tell you what we do.
The Unity team has been creating, installing, commissioning and supporting environmental control installations for over 20 years. We specialize in precision control of temperature, humidity & Co2. We write easy to use, intuitive software, and we provide HVAC design, lighting control, ventilation, and water management. We also manage the energy subsidy procurement process.
Before 2015, we focused primarily on human comfort controls, with an emphasis on energy conservation. Our Energy partners have subsidized many of our client projects; some of our projects have received up to 70%, including parts and labor. We pride ourselves in providing long-term energy value. Our systems are designed to pay you back. We built our business on energy savings.
In 2015, we added grow room controls to our portfolio, providing an optimal environment for indoor grow operations and greenhouses. Agricultural spaces require a higher level of control and stability than people spaces do. Plants respond positively to extremely stable conditions.
Standard thermostats, commonly used in indoor grow spaces, are not designed to provide the environmental stability necessary to achieve optimal vegetative plant growth.
The Unity system puts you in control of your environment.
We recently installed our new Unity-VCC_ control solution in Portland, Oregon. The HVAC system design included AAON package units with modulating scroll compressors and variable frequency drives. The Unity VCC control system manages and maintains temperature stability at +/-<.04F constant, RH <4% and Co2 <20ppm, along with precision lighting control & bio-secure common area ventilation. This level of stability has resulted in a higher quality product, increased yield, and most surprisingly, it has shortened time to harvest. The positive difference that environmental stability makes is undeniable.
If you are interested in learning more about what we do, or if you have questions, we welcome the opportunity.
Thanks,
Bill

6 Likes

Hey Bill! Great to have you here at GNET! You are absolutely part of an ever-increasing number of individuals re-focusing their business models to suit the needs of this growing industry. How do your systems integrate with existing environmental controls?

1 Like

Hi Tyler. Very excited to hear the change that is taking place in Oklahoma. Congrats on being on the leading edge.

Unfortunately I don’t have any advice re: design for your building, but I would like to present the concept of self insuring your assets. My team helps you through the process to create your own insurance company (using before tax dollars) and with the premiums you can insure against gov’t interference, crop failure, theft, really anything you design. Then if there is surplus at the end of the year your premium dollars become capital gains and profit of the insurance company, not the cannabis company. It’s complex and detailed but something for you to think about for sure. Keep in the back of your mind. Sort of like planning the finance part of your business. LOL

Best of luck to you–

Elizabeth Becker
647-701-3598

3 Likes

Hello Tyler
Have you gotten help with your request?
Ive worked with multiple Builders that could help you with your Design.
let me know if you are interested.
Doug - Greenmark Consulting

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

My name is Will and im from France, im very passionate about growing since 10 years and i’m happy to get in Growers Network community.

I like the fact that Cannabis can help people in lot of different ways, and unfortunately from where i’am is a bit Different than in Cali or other States where Medicinal or recreational Cannabis is Allowed.
Step by step things are changing , and today we can say that finally France start to get in Cannabis Industry world, Weed and other stuff with THC are still prohibited but CBD business is booming in France.
I’m currently opening 3 CBD shops in 3 big cities in France,
Basically we going to sell CBD flowers in our store, which is allowed in France, we also gonna sell a lot of differents CBD products, like CBD extraction, Tea, body & face cream, candles… At the same time we will also propose our wholesale services and we will be able to provide other companies and CBD shops in France that will open Very soon.

Thank’s for having me in this community and feel free to contact me for any information about my company,
It would also be great if some of you wanna talk about Cannabis or CBD and CBD industry,

Very happy to expand my knowledges here and also to meet people all arround the world.

Cheers

Willss

6 Likes

Hey Will! Welcome to GNET and building up that French presence on the forum! Á votre santé

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Anil Nanda, owner and operator of 13Essentials in San Marcos, California.

My team and I are excited to be a part of the Growers Network and look forward to connecting with like-minded individuals bringing quality and knowledge to this community and beyond!

We are super passionate about our product, 13Essentials – a balanced formulation of nano-scale silica plus 12 additional, natural ingredients that will maximize plant health. It’s a Foliar fertilizer that is specifically designed to increase overall growth and strength of any indoor and outdoor grow, and we are proudly non-toxic and environmentally friendly.

We are fairly new on the scene but are getting awesome results and feedback from growers all around the country and this has us really excited for the future. Growers interested in trialing 13Essentials are welcome to reach out to us at any time. We value educated feedback hence why this feels like the right space to be in.

Looking forward to all connections.
Anil
sales@13essentials.com

3 Likes

Howdy Anil! It’s always a pleasure to have another fine nutrient manufacturer join GNET! I’m curious about the nano-silica content in your formula…is it a monosilicic? What are the other 12 essentials in your nutrients? Again, very cool to have you here!

1 Like

Hi Nick, monosilicic acid and nano-silica are substitutes and deliver almost the same benefits (file:///C:/Users/anand/Downloads/plants-07-00045.pdf). However, nano silica is much easier to handle and allows us to complement it with other nutrients. In addition to Nano silica, we have Ca, Mg, Mn, Zn, Fe, Mo, B, Cu, P, S, K and Co. These are “encased” inside nano-silica to protect them from bonding. They are also balanced to match the plant’s needs. Thank you for allowing us to participate in your network. For a mere cost of postage ($4) folks can order a 1 oz sample (makes 6 gallons of spray) on our website.

2 Likes

Excellent! I was wondering how you might keep the mix from precipitating when you added the calcium and the silica in the same mix (you can feel this phenomenon happen in those old nutrient bottles in the back of your storage area that feel like they have mysteriously grown rocks in the bottom of the solution - you shake them and they sound like maracas). That totally answered my question! Very cool stuff!

Thanks for being here! Please continue to post your info and share your knowledge. I promise if you interact with other members, read all the amazing new content from our Growers Sporlight, check out our newGrower Network Podcast, you WILL learn! I am amazed by how much I don’t know about this ever-evolving industry. GNET is the go-to for the cannabis industry. It sounds like you have a ton of value to bring to GNET! We want you to bring it on!

3 Likes

Hello everyone at GNF!!!

I am very new to this site and would like to thank the “Nicks” for letting me join in on the fun! I truly look forward to collaborating as much as I can and to learning from you all.
My name is Nora, I’m Canadian with a cultural history that is European and an Academic History that has absolutely NOTHING to do with cannabis…well, for the most part :smile:
Recently, I was asked to join a team looking to becoming an Ontario LP and was given the honour of filling out the daunting application form that rests to my right, patiently awaiting my attention. However, my day job is that of a seasonal professor and, more so, a Registered Ontario Psychotherapist. So, I spend my days doing my very best to help people out with their mental health issues and my goal is to contribute to reducing the stigma associated with individuals that actually reach out to professionals such as I am, for the help in the first place. Here, it’s a stigma! In New York or L.A., it’s the “in” thing to tell people that you’re on your way to talk to your therapist so why can’t it be cool over here? My wish is to abolish that stigma as much as possible.

Apart from that passion, I have become passionate about the cannabis industry especially after having been diagnosed with both Multiple Sclerosis and Fibromyalgia. My day to day physical existence is pretty much a physically painful one that I manage with medical marijuana so that I can be “me”, happy, the best of the best in my professional realm and on the homefront with my identical twins of whom I am a single mum and loving it!

Scrolling through the forum, I’m seeing so many friendly and helpful individuals out there so I hope that I will be able to contribute something to the forum as well.

Right now, as a newbie, my biggest concern is the application and finding out HOW to approach it.

WIshing you all the very best continued success and am excited to get to know many of you!

:tada::clinking_glasses:CHEERS!!!

Nora

5 Likes

Hi! My name is Marisa and I’m a wonder lusting, adventurous, nature-loving, and spirited person! I love musing at ocean waves, dancing on the beach, listening to live music, moon bathing, and celebrating the unique beauty of each person I meet. I’m a Certified Therapeutic Life Coach, Reiki Master, motivational speaker, and owner/operator of Ray of Light Coaching LLC, located in MN.

I’m also a New Dealer Sales Representative for Northwest Manufacturing, Inc., home of WoodMaster Biomass Heating Systems, located in Red Lake Falls, MN. Northwest Manufacturing, Inc. is a family-owned business, established in 1989. We’re a leader in biomass energy and alternative fuel heating. Our wood chip/wood pellet Commercial Series Boilers are made in the U.S.A. and range from 150,000 BTUs/hr to 6.8 million BTUs/hr. Our boilers are extremely efficient, clean, and superbly heat greenhouses and cannabis grow facilities!

Looking forward to connecting with you all and hopefully, have an opportunity to meet you in real time! Thank you growers network for this cutting-edge, dynamic forum:)

6 Likes

On behalf of ALL the Nicks in the building: WELCOME!! We are also very passionate about mental-health related issues and many on our staff have a background in helping individuals with advanced needs. To be sure, mental health issues are close to our hearts! Thanks for the work that you do and your mission to de-stigmatize mental hygiene.

Again, thanks for being here and we are looking forward to your valuable contributions!

2 Likes

Hey Marisa! It sounds like you have many things going on in your life! We can’t wait to share with you in the journey! Thanks for being part of GNET!

Do your WoodMaster Biomass units also provide CO2 in addition to their ability to heat greenhouses?

1 Like