Introduce yourself!

Hello, my name is James Yagielo, the CEO of HempStaff, LLC

HempStaff was founded in April 2014, and we quickly became the industry leader in medical marijuana recruiting and dispensary training. To date HempStaff has helped thousands get jobs in the cannabis industry and has trained over 3600 students to work in a marijuana dispensary in 18 states.

If you are a licensed cannabis company looking for employees, an experience cannabis employee looking for a new job, or an inexperience candidate looking for training, contact us to see how we can assist you!

Get more information at our website www.hempstaff.com
Email us at info@hempstaff.com
or give us a call 9-5 PM EST Mon-Fri @ 855-MMJ-JOBS

4 Likes

Good afternoon James @HempStaff and welcome! I live in Colorado and I see this subject come up quite a bit on social media groups on how to get training, how to find jobs, etc and it’s great to see more agencies like yourself popping up to fill that need!

If you have a moment it’d be great to get your social media information added into this list!

Will give your links a look and a follow, appreciated and don’t be a stranger around here; it’s a really nice atmosphere and I haven’t seen anyone bite yet :grinning:

2 Likes

Hello, my name is Brian Welch. I work with two different companies, Amber Energy US, and Newr Energy, both based in Maryland. I started working with some growers in Oregon recently, and figured I would join to talk about electrcity a bit because it’s a high expense for an indoor grower. There are plenty of ways to reduce your expenses, depending on the regulations of your state and utility. I’ve enjoyed hanging out with people in the cannabis community, so I’m here to lend a hand with a major expense.

4 Likes

Depends whether you’re talking about hydroponic or soil-grown. Hydro (or areo) replaces soil with an inert (or, no), media. Rather than feeding the soil, you’re feeding the plant roots directly with no buffering, and must control everything fairly minutely. Properly done, this can result in superior quality and yield, but requires a solid base. For medicinal plants, 0 ppm may not even be adequate for base water quality as there are some nasty carcinogens at small PPM or even PPB. Glyphosate anyone?

Regarding nutrient delivery, which is your focus, there are different methods for different growing styles. For example, with hydro grows, there is generally drain-to-waste or recirculating (apart from ebb and flow/flood-and-drain/NFT, etc.). Each style has their own features, pros and cons, and requires different accommodations to deal with salt buildup, etc.

Your 12-site manifold will be most likely suitable for soil pots/beds or the current fad of micro-dosing in hydro, though it leaves waaay too much room for mold development in my view. The key thing though is equal flow across all sites which, as you must surely know, is totally dependent on fluid circuit design and pump matchiing.

2 Likes

Goooooood morning everyone!

When you send your wife to the store for one thing and she comes back with six things…

A big welcome to Brian @bwelch ! Is this your website? If you get a moment it’d be great to get your social media links put up for everyone to see as well; we like to see what people are up to (and we’ll give you a follow!) Thanks for joining us Brian!

3 Likes

Good morning Growers Network! Another beautiful sunshine filled day out here in southeast Colorado! Had a little bit of rain of all things last night (I heard Colorado gets snow but starting to not believe it…) The air was fresh, sweet, and bitter cold for nearing the second week of January! Loving it!

Big shout out to some new members of Growers Network that I haven’t seen introduce themselves yet so I just wanted to tag them up in here and welcome them to join in and say hello and tell us a little bit about themselves!

@bugbranding
@BVV_LabTech
@Apeks_Supercritical
@hemplogic
@dan2
@quebeccannabisseeds
@sgvsuperlative
@weedforlife710
@TheSeminarGroup
@Ash
@420cannabis
@blacksmith-farms
@chris.parkin
@davidschacter
@DavidS2S
@sfcannabisconnect

I may have talked to some of you but definitely not all of you and I’m willing to bet you all have a story to tell or something great to say so welcome to our home and glad to have you here!

If you haven’t done so, we’ve got a growing list of social media accounts that you’re all more than welcome to add your information to and we’ll compile it into an easy-to-read format for the community and readers!

1 Like

Hi all,

I’m Tara, I do marketing at Apeks Supercritical. We’ve been around since 2001, manufacturing CO2 extraction systems. We make all our systems here in Ohio and if anyone is ever in the area, we’re always happy to show visitors around! We have two office dogs, Nela and Gero, who are the company’s official greeters. Our sales people are often interrupted by maniacal barking when someone arrives at the office door and they have to assure the people on the phone that they’re really not in their pajamas working from home!

Our systems are well known in the industry and many of our customers have the original machine they bought way back when. Someone just told me that they call theirs Betsy.

Happy new year to everyone - let’s hope it’s a good one!

Tara

5 Likes

Good afternoon Tara!

That is hilarious! I actually do work remotely from the office and occasionally have the kids in the background, there is a pretty keen process of darting to the surround sound to silence children songs playing when work calls in! People ask what my creative process is and I just tap on my head and reply “I like to think it starts with the ABC’s and the 123’s!” :rofl:

Well we’re glad to have you here! If you have any questions or would like to put something together for the community education-wise, don’t hesitate at all to reach out to me or any of the staff here and we’d be more than happy to put our heads together and get a creative process going (and I promise, no ABC song :grinning: !)

3 Likes

Hello Growers Network,

Wow, this forum is incredible, I am learning so much!

My name is Katie Stone and I’m the Membership and Outreach Coordinator for Resource Innovation Institute (RII), a nonprofit dedicated to fostering resource efficiency in the cannabis industry. I’m currently a grad student studying the social impacts of drug policy reform, and I wear a few other hats in the industry, (Co-Founder of The Sustainable Cannabis Coalition, Board member of Students for Sensible Drug Policy, Founder of Green B Consulting, Publisher of Sensi Magazine San Francisco), but the main focus of my work is figuring out ways to build a regenerative, resilient, sustainable, ethical cannabis industry.

RII was founded in early 2016 by experienced energy efficiency experts (and cannabis enthusiasts) in Oregon. Since then we’ve grown into an influential leader on issues of resource efficiency in the cannabis industry. Our members are among the top minds in and around cannabis who are grappling with the goal of building a resource efficient industry and, ultimately, sustainable economies. RII partners with cannabis trade associations, cannabis cup competitions, utilities, public agencies, and others to collect data, build incentive programs, and create events to exchange best practices, all while working to establish energy, water, and carbon efficiency standards.

Our MOST exciting project right now is The Cannabis PowerScore, a tool that helps cultivators assess their energy efficiency. You can find it at CannabisPowerScore.org. I’ll be posting about this separately in the appropriate forum, but just wanted to be sure you all associate me and RII with it first.

Thank you all for your work and dedication to liberating this plant and our communities! I am excited to continue exploring the rabbit holes ahead as legalization unfolds, and most importantly, to help support the farmers that make this all possible.

6 Likes

Good morning everyone!

Good morning Katie @RII! I introduced myself last night in that other thread but just had a chance to really look at your website this morning and I really like the idea of it! You’d fit in well around here, there was a discussion just the other day about bringing production costs down per pound of cannabis produced and I’m sure there are multiple ways to do that (we should have a chat sometime!) Looking forward to hearing what you have to say!

Good morning to all of our new members to the site!

@Terpman
@KimStuck
@leafdetective
@station420llc
@stoneycreekgrowers
@sweetjanenw

Come on in this morning and sell hello and a little bit about yourself! Friendly people here and a great way to break the ice!

3 Likes

Hey there! Welcome to the Network! Your extractors are well known in the industry so it is very exciting to have you here. I look forward to interacting with you!

3 Likes

Thanks so much!

3 Likes

Hey all! I’m Dan Graves, the Northeast Regional Sales Manager with HM Digital. Our products get pretty wide use in the industry. The main parameters we make testers for include TDS/EC/PH/Temp/Brix. We manufacture handheld pen type, controllers, and monitors. Our website is www.HMDigital.com if you want to know about the full offerings.

Our US office is in LA, but like a couple others in here, when I’m not traveling I get to work from my home in Indiana. My territory goes from North Dakota down to Kansas straight east to the Atlantic so I get around quite a bit. If you use our products or want to see something we make in person let me know, I can always add a stop to my travels. I’ve never seen a big commercial grow op in person and would love to do that if someone ever wants to give a tour.

I’m mainly here to just learn, but I’m happy to share my knowledge too. As far as education goes one thing I can’t say enough is store your pH pens/probes in storage solution NOT RO water. I have had multi location retailers not know this one important detail and then their store use pH pens die after 60 days. A few drops of storage solution a month will keep your pH probe alive a lot longer and make it require much less calibration.

6 Likes

Welcome @dan2! Good to see some laboratory-quality equipment representing. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey very awesome to meet you Dan! I own one of your handheld TDS meters and it works great! I come from a home growers market originally and that community I represent uses a lot of your products!

The info on the pH pen is even a great start (admittedly I’m terrible at maintaining my meters, which is probably why I have accuracy problems or find myself purchasing new ones more frequently than most.) Would love to pick your brain sometime and feel free to post up some tutorials or written articles of yours in our section for Growing, we’d love to have your knowledge and experience!

Welcome to Growers Network!

1 Like

Hello, I am Dana Shierstone with Vapordistilled out of Boulder Colorado. I have been around the industry since 2013. I started with my own company with a CO2 extractor, worked as the manager of extractions at a major edible company, have been an analytical chemist at RM3 labs and now work at Vapordistilled. My education is in Chemical Engineering and project management. My talents and interests have made me uniquely suited to managing hemp and cannabis extraction facilities. I love working in this space because it is always full of new challenges and so much potential.

At Vapordistilled we extract hemp with a giant vaporizer which results in solvent-free extraction of decarbed, high terpene content oils. We are looking forward to moving into the marijuana space in the next few months.

3 Likes

Welcome @VaporDistilled! What got you into extractions in the first place?

2 Likes

Good morning Dana @VaporDistilled and it’s very nice to meet you! We’re here to help so don’t hesitate if you have questions!

I’m actually about an hour east of Pueblo, do you ever offer tours of the facility with VaporDistilled? I’d love to come check it out sometime and get a first-hand experience! Glad to have you here!

2 Likes

We do offer tours, but generally only to clients or potential clients. Right now we can extract hemp for a fee. We also sell wholesale oil products as specified by customers. We sell a lot of tincture, salve, lotion and CBD infused cooking oils.

3 Likes

Good morning Growers Network!

Big shout out to all of our new members!

@risinggardenremedies
@Budtanicals
@loyd.kinsworthy
@steph
@NeemTree_Organics
@VaporDistilled
@EZTRIM_Harvesting
@TORO_45
@Jsmith
@jeff_andrzejewski
@Joshua
@cyrus
@sovereign707
@DMG
@EthanThePharmacist
@BillSchaner
@GreenSeaDistribution
@and_go
@Ron.S
@greg725
@WestsideWellness
@konoctifarms
@jimibsteppin
@rcb
@tabaccovalley
@bielen.chris
@shawn1
@Starrbuds

Feel free to come in and say hello everyone, welcome to GN and looking forward to meeting all of you!

3 Likes