Introduce yourself!

I always heard of Kalamazoo and never pictured it in Michigan! Welcome to our community David. I look forward to reading your posts.

3 Likes

Hi Dawne,

I’ve been in the steel business for 40+ years - we work for multiple companies that use dryers, conveyors and tables etc. (rolling tables might be a slight variation from our normal course of business - it’s tables nevertheless). I would love to chat with you about your steel needs for new venture, please feel free to call anytime 705-789-9621

Cheryl

4 Likes

Hey Sam - I am green (pun intended) to this industry and I would like to work with you to learn about the hard equipment used in this industry. There is very little available for designs online, which makes me think that tables, benches, dryers and conveyors must be custom tailored to the application. I know for other factories that we work in, the equipment is specific, not only to the type of product but to the size of the facility.

4 Likes

Cheryl, can you reach me at 416-315-7477 or sam.kanes@blueoceannutra.ca and I will send you a schematic of a commercial gas infusion piece of equipment. The large ones look like swimming pool filters. They dissolve 1000 lbs/d of CO2. The smallest ones we are using for trials are only 2 by 18 inch tubes that dissolve 2 pounds/d of CO2 into 1000 pounds of water at 2000 PPM.

4 Likes

Hello, my name is Michael. I was born in Tucson, lived here most of my life. I was formerly a tennis director, now raise red wiggler worms and produce high quality worm castings for agriculture and I dj a freestyle dance program on Sundays. I like to listen to and find music, read, and sing in my spare time.

8 Likes

Welcome @inchbyinchaz! Cool to see more Tucsonans aboard. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you, Hunter.
I didn’t mention that I am also keenly interested in the philosophy of language.

4 Likes

I’m Todd Nelson aka Pot PR Guy. Maybe you saw me in the Growers Spotlight. I am principal of TNTpr, a boutique communications and brand strategy consultancy. We’re based in Oakland, CA and work with clients throughout the U.S. and internationally. What’s your story? Let’s talk.

5 Likes

Welcome @potPRguy! Got any good disaster stories to share? I always find those interesting and I love seeing it when a company handles the fallout well. Mistakes and issues happen to everyone, but it’s how you respond as a company that can make or break the situation.

3 Likes

We started our journey dissolving CO2 into water for accelerating plant veg growth in Tucson with Dr Fitzsimmons in 2009 with algae. Our first algae employee was Mike Mason from Tucson. Ready for Tucson cannabis CO2 grow trials now. Sam 416-315-7477.

3 Likes

My name is Jeff Foster and outside of being the Shoe Cover Guy, who makes it faster, easier, safer and cleaner to put shoe covers on and take them off with Shoe Inn’s revolutionary automatic shoe cover dispensing and removal system, I am passionate about road cycling (even went to the start of the Tour de France in Düsseldorf last year) and very much enjoy cooking.

5 Likes

council sounds like a good idea

2 Likes

@jfoster Welcome to the community! Sounds like your product is great for cleanliness in the grow!

4 Likes

Thank you, and we look forward to proving that for this industry soon.

2 Likes

I like the Laurie Anderson philosophy of language - it’s a virus from outer space. As a former anthropology student, it makes the most sense to me.

2 Likes

Hello, my name is Jocko, I work with Lodestone Data Technologies.
Thank you for the warm invitation to join!

Lodestone helps large scale cultivators manage their inventory by leveraging RFID chips on plants. Many government agencies are implementing seed to sale mandatory compliance requiring bar code scanners and data entry. The Lodestone platform automates the compliance piece using RFID readers. I am excited to hear how growers are tackling this issue and providing support!

5 Likes

Welcome @JockoFeehan! How small are the RFID chips, and how do you place them on the plants?

2 Likes

Thank you for the Welcome Hunter!
Many US States mandate using RFID chips from METRC,
http://t.sidekickopen04.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lM8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJN7t5X-FdSD1CW4WzM7R4WJ49zV1GLBj5VW1R4103?t=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.metrc.com%2Fthe-system&si=7000000000187914&pi=5a417927-b1b2-4e61-82f3-6c29796326cf
our system will read their tags (about 1"x 2"). For non-METRC states we
offer our own small tags. The tags have a bar code and an implanted chip.
Most growers zip tie the tag to the plant container when growing indoors

4 Likes

Hi, I am Tony from Dutch Passion Seed Company. We are one of the original seed companies based in Holland, and have been around for 30+ years. We are probably most well known for being the first to create feminized cannabis seeds in the 1990’s, but we stock a full range of regular, feminized, indoor and outdoor seeds. autoflower and photoperiod. We are creating some new varieties rich in CBG, THCV and CBDV for 2018. I’m a chemist and particularly interested in cannabis genetics, LED technology and cannabinoid science. I look forward to enjoying being in the community. Good to be here !

10 Likes

@DutchPassionTony Welcome to Growers Network! It’s nice to have a company familiar with the ins and outs of seeds on here! I know many growers like to clone, but breeding is just as important.

3 Likes