Introducing BudBusterPro

Thanks, I have a bottle. Before I got sick early this year I was working with Bob before any of you heard about it ! (Shame on us) lol. Malted Barley? So can I just pour some beer in a spray bottle ?? ROFL. I sure like pouring it down my throat hehehe.

Thanks Ravenchief !

I am also going to try the Decision nute and enhance it with RUBY FUL#$% (not a misspell) for one week which is also supposed to be great at accellerating the transition from veg to flower. Reported by a grower on here. They are both made by New Millinum nutes. Think I might try a combination of 24 hours and those two nutes at the flip. The Ruby is from what I understand Fulvic acid with a 0.001% Molybdenum as the only actual listed nute. No NPK. The Decision is 0.0-2.5-3.0 and some secret ingredients not listed?

7 Likes

I know it sounds like BS but when Coots speaks, I listen :slight_smile:
I also now have some experience with 30 plants outdoors all with malted barley in living media and in top dress as well as ACT teas - everybody finished earlier, some by far…

I now use it indoors as well - even in my autopots I put it in the media and give it as teas - it has accelerated growth for me. It is one of the best inputs for enzyme production and that is rocket fuel

8 Likes

I absolutely fail to see how ANY picture can possibly determine the THC or chemical content of anything. I am surely NOT a science guy, but a picture of the Trichomes will absolutely tell you the state of maturity, and the color and the quantity. But again I fail to see how it could possibly know the THC content without an actual sample of the resin?

There ae literally hundreds of cannibinoids in the resin glands. Would be very interested in some input from more scientifically trained people on here.

Marty

7 Likes

Its not a picture of the trichome but of the bud structure – it runs comparatives and other structure parameter-measurements - it does come up with a number but I don’t give that any credibility I use it as a relative measure - so when I get a gift bud from my brotherinlaw in California from Tyson’s Ranch and it says The Toad and the THC content is stated as 38% tested - and I run it on the HiGrade and it calculates a number of 24% and then I take one of my buds and it calculates 23% I get a relative number which tells me a level of quality not an absolute. Its another tool to use along the way - I don’t think the labs are very accurate either haha

8 Likes

@ravenchief have you tried insect frass? I got some of that, and some coco sellers make a coco with it pre mixed. Supposed to do the same thing. About a year ago I bought some off Amazon, and it turned out to be full of live eggs, had bugs everywhere. This was mealworm frass, and when they hatched thankfully I had only at that point added it to my small germination cups, so it was easy to get rid of. When they started hatching out I got on the net and started reading about mealworms and it said they will eat anything plant wise, plant roots ect so I never added them to the final pots. I took all of it and put it in the oven at 250 degrees and killed everything but never have used it.

Any particular brand of malted barley you use? and where did you buy it?

Thanks!
Marty

7 Likes

Oh ok sooooo you use a know test as a compairitive…that I can see for amount and structure. BUT I have grown bud that looked like it was going to be killer, absolutely crusted with Trikes, and wouldn’t get you high if you smoked a pound of it. (unknown seeds lol) gigantic waste of time and money I might add.

How much barley do you use each topdress and how often and at what stage do you start ??

6 Likes

I use Insect Frass as well in my media as well as top dress - Bugs are part of organic inputs and unfortunately have to be dealt with -
I get my malted barley online - there are lots of places - I get it unmilled and mill it in my vita-mix/blender or coffee grinder - you can get it locally at any brewery supply store or just google it for local or online.
I use about a cup per 5 gallons in the media and 1/2 cup in a top dress. I make a living media - outdoors I use Soil/Coco/Peat/EWC/lots of amendments and other organic inputs. indoors I do the same but all soil-less.

6 Likes

Wow he is a bit scatterbrained…hard to follow…but a lot of brilliant and or very smart people are. From reading that discussion I see that he also mentioned two other things Chitin, which is the major componet of insect frass, and something that I have used for a long time Fulvic acid. Me thinks I will make up a combination of the Barley/insect frass/Fulvic acid as a top dress along with the inoculants should produce some outstanding results for nutrient absorbtion, along with the BBP and I should have some King Kong buds !! We can always hope.

Thanks for the info Rich!!

Marty

7 Likes

One last question and I’ll stop bugging you…do you use only this combination of “living soil” type amendments or do you use a commercial nutrient line along with them?

Thanks again!
Marty

8 Likes

i use both - I am a big believer in both natural-organic inputs and nutrient lines - over the past 2 years I have experimented with a balance of organic and non-organic - I always use a living media - I like the idea of my gals having the ability to take whatever they need whenever they need it - and I also use Hydroponic-Research’s VBX which is a one part (actually a 2 part with the Shine (flower) additive) - I also feed very heavy - I don’t ppm check anymore, but when I was testing for Bob - I did and my feeds were up to 2500 in flower - as well as top dress - I used to always have some problem in my tents because I run all different strains and different breeders and some are more sensitive than others - but this run, using BBP from the very beginning I have had no issues with either tent - BBP has given my girls a tolerance to my heavy feeds and they take it in stride and want more haha -

6 Likes

Just gave mine their first spray of BBP today at 16 days. Thanks for all your help!! I’m kinda pesky sometimes lol.

Marty

8 Likes

Wow Terrific !! I wish and hope we can get more interaction with our growers here ! I am all for sharing good knowledge and experience! I can only imagine the number of growers here that will view and apply that shared knowledge along the way !! Not everyone is willing to share their secrets along the way…
I understand that to some extent, but many times another grower can expand on or extend that secret and really contribute to a lot of others…What’s wrong with a world FULL of Great BUD???

Thanks guys !

11 Likes

I will be running mine again for the grow.

10 Likes

New video ravenchief’s current grow…

7 Likes

Finally got a run that hasn’t had any issues of any sorts and has had all their scheduled treatments.

Kong Breath - RocBudInc 34 days

Double Bubblegum - Blue Crew Genetics 33 days

Response has been clear after every treatment. Branch growth is RIDICULOUSLY uniform and vigorous. Color is gorgeous. I’d take all the credit, but someone would call bullshit. :laughing:

12 Likes

Mud, glad you’re enjoying the experience !

That reaction is what keeps me going…

BTW, I learned long ago it’s just damn near impossible to bullshit a bullshitter, so I ain’t gonna call any names !

12 Likes

If I’m going to grow 12-15 plants outside next spring/summer, how much BBP should I purchase? Thank you in advance.

5 Likes

sdoyle, I think the 4 ozer would get you through pretty easily…

6 Likes

Thank you @TheMadFlascher.

6 Likes

@sdoyle 4 ounces will be plenty for that many plants. This summer I used a total of 6 ounces on 36 plants 16 of which were over 8 ft tall so y the hey used a lot in the later applications. You will be very happy you got it. :sunglasses::vulcan_salute:

7 Likes