Investing in Cannabis Stocks?

Does anyone invest in the Cannabis Stockmarket? Other than their own businesses?

3 Likes

I would but I keep spending all my money on grow equipment and seed stock…

2 Likes

My primary concern is that the cannabis industry is very volatile. Investment in the cannabis stock market right now is risky.

Part of my work is looking up different businesses and getting their information. That means following a lot of trails to now-defunct businesses. And there are a lot of them, believe me.

2 Likes

Yes I think the risk factor lens is very different in Canada and America. Your federal government situation makes it very difficult.

2 Likes

eg. I know a dairy farmer… he setup a grow site on his farm and partnered with some other savvy investors - they were all established and respected business people and they just sold their company (Mettrum) to Tweed for $300 million plus to be added to WEED - a billion dollar plus company…

It’s a crazy time… But now is THE time…

1 Like

You guys may find this useful.

2 Likes

If you want to invest, but don’t know where to start, I’d recommend hitting up Poseidon Asset Management: http://poseidonassetmanagement.com/. Seems very similar to Viridanca that @igodfrey posted.

They will automatically diversify within the industry to what they think will gain the most return. I think I heard the minimum was $50k. Their fund had some ridiculous % return last year, in a good way.

2 Likes

A managed fund is definitely the way to go if you don’t know the details of the market. Otherwise use your smarts to think what will grow in the coming boom… There will be a massive amount of vertical opportunity for those that can think of how the industry will impact…

Just look at Scotts Miracle-Gro…

1 Like