Is 2lbs a plant really possible indoors

Mango always been a favorite over here but hard to find. It can get really funky good and taste amazing.
Those are some nice big plants! Thats’s what I’m talking about! Go big guys. They have fans drying the root area. Dry fast water often is the name of the game.
Grow in soil but water hydropinically.
Get the best of both worlds by doing both soil and hydro just like those guys did.
Try nutrified biochar.
Compost tea.
Your in control.
K

3 Likes

No I just want to refine a modeling tool math. I want to play with a floating schedule. A more traditional floriculture grow. Some of the special queue algorithms that I used in my 1989 work required, grows based holiday demand number
for things like poinsettias.

So cannabis has something that makes a grow easier and some harder. Something we just make hard.

The glasshouse operation queues and other queue types of related model such as demand staffing for hospitals requires the same basic math just some different vectors.

Looking to see all the practices

From the voices in my head

Ethan Kayes

2 Likes

Biochar is very good from what i understand. I havent been that route yet. In reference to soil +hydro watering. are you meaning drip? or some hybrid mix. Id love to see some diagrams. or what ever.

4 Likes

I regularly hear of 3-4 lbs a plant. Conditions obviously play a factor.

5 Likes

Tom soil is a general term for when I refer to a medium substrate that contains sphagnum peat moss, peat humus, bark, perlite, coco, ect. Some soils are soilless like Pro Mix or perhaps a soilless medium like a true super soil.
The peat allows fungi to attach, hatch, and perlifiate out and find roots to form the soil food network chain.
Mycorrizia need peat (soil) to do all that.
I call it all soil. Except Growstone, coco, Growdan and other “inhert like” systems are true hydro systems soilless.
Now we have these hybrid mixes that contain soilless and soil together. If the label says scraped earth or forest floor scrapings, that means it contains soil maybe dirt.
For example Coco Loco, Ocean Forest, Root 707, those are all hybrid soil mixes with soilless ingrediants that contain soil.
They can still be used for hydropinics or aquaponics.
Some ppl will use 50/50 Pro Mix and Ocean Forest to creat a custom soil blend to reduce soil TDS to customize their conditions or watering style.
Kinda like this new commercial drip media the cannabis facilities are using. Soilless and slightly charged with castings and other organics to nutrify it.

Now the hydroponic part is how you water.
Grow in soil but use root bags. Bottom feed or top.
Water hydrodponically from a reservoir, timer, pumps, 1/2" ID loop, 3/16"ID driper line, drippers that shower or a simple basket head. Keep it simple, do what’s easy for you. I try to keep it simple and use what I have. Grow in soil but treat it and water like hydro.
A simple top fed drain to waste system or recirculate by top feeding in a flood table just like you would if you were growing in GrowDan or soilless. Be creative and make a little mini watering drip system and water hydropinically. Misters and aero clog faster and need attention. Drippers that shower and are adjustable or basket head type.
Plants seem to respond, grow, and do better with pumps, timers, and auto watering from a reservoir on a schedule vs me trying to do it.

I might start a topic about biochar. I been making nutrified bio char from compost tea then adding the biochar to the soil or soilless mediums so the plant has what it needs with time. Biochar works with time not right away.
Just happends to be mid to late flowering perfect for cannabis. Just imagine stadiums and sky scrapers full of microbes, nutrients, acting as homes so when the plant needs it they come pouring out. Bio char acts as a mid to late flower booster as well.
K

4 Likes

I currently use a soiless soil hybrid. works well. but going to try some other things soon. looking at metro mix

3 Likes

Me to this summer will try the 500 and 800 series for larger containers.
Good luck.

3 Likes

Yeah im lookimg at the 800 line. maybe the 830 idk still looking.

3 Likes

@MK3_Pharms and Kyle just remove the word soil from your dictionary and never us it again, when not in a field. And the professionals and the home growers will all be on the same page.

@Farmer_Dan, @Growernick can you guys add anything more?

Any substrate inside is media or substrate. We need a dictionary of common cannabis grow terms so that we can start building a common language. Hint hint.

From the voices in my head.
Ethan :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Is your line organic? If so I’d be very interested in trying out your line. Please message me with your info, I am trying to find something more economically friendly then General Organics.

3 Likes

Agreed and double tap “genetics.” It’s hard to be effective when your either losing money from failed seeds and clones are another story for another class, but yeah. Genetics.

3 Likes

Good genetics are the basic building blocks for a healthy and successful grow!

4 Likes

Takes me 3 weeks veg, and how ever many weeks for flower, strain dependent. Your environment is key, and sealing your rooms should be the 1st. Especially running co2. Don’t believe the hype, keep it under 1350.

4 Likes

Interesting stuff. We distribute an OMRI Peat Extract (Biostimulant and Soil Amendment) that Dan was trying out (other indoor growers had success reducing transplant stress/lag). -Still waiting to hear what he thought, but the humic/fulvic/etc. components do help with nutrient uptake, etc. Happy to talk with others interested in exploring!

Nailed it! AcroRd32.exe (2.5 MB) its-good

1 Like

Sheesh! 36.5%??? What’s the average for that strain? Nice!!!

1 Like