Is 2lbs a plant really possible indoors

Yes they said last grow was about 65 day to harvest.

2 Likes

65 day flower time, I want to know how many days it spent under a veg lighting schedule.

2 Likes

Again here is what the guys are posting on FB.
The plants go into 25 gal at this stage.
Not sure how long veg but would not expect to be any longer than 8-10 weeks.
I thought these guys were joking around last year but they keep doing it.
The biologist for KTL said try using a course grade biochar instead if perlite for coco growers.
Shane mentioned to me these 25gal guys are use Cocochar.
These PVC mesh bags are non absorbent and work pretty well if you like Smartpots. I have reused my bags 3-4 times already and they look new after I wash them with peroxide and vinegar when the season is over. Pricey for the Radicle Bags but I like em reusable. 40% off Black Fri.

3 Likes

I looked them up, they had a post saying their plant diameter is 8ft. Judging by their excessive spacing we could just call that 64sqft (50sqft if it is a circle). At best they are getting 45g/sqft (average), at worst they are getting 35g/sqft. Fairly inefficient space utilization, lots of veg time. I would sooner grow 36 plants in that same space with a higher turnover rate, but as I’ve said before, if the law is plant count, not canopy size, bigger is better.

4 Likes

I will post a spacing curve for utilation. It meant for fruit trees, but it will show turns of space and dead space well. :upside_down_face:

I will post later today the curve.

You can only make money, this way. If you used the plant repeatedly, buy grafting more vegetative branches post flower. You could get additional turns of space and maybe turn subsequent crops in 4 to 6 weeks. That could be an interesting approach to a low plant count issue. One veg plant, ten flowering plants.

@dan how many cutting do you think I can get from a good mother every 4 to six weeks? To feed the branches of a plant that big. The closest I can think of is a chip bud model for Apple trees refreshing.

From the voices in my head
Ethan

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification, Ethan. With this method I ran the lights 4’ on center including 4ft away from the wall. (This is where you lose space efficiency with a method like this) Crop turns depend on strain, but i was always between 11 and 12 weeks total turn including veg. 3 week total veg, either 8 or 9 weeks bloom.

Is this a Canadian issue you’re dealing with? If so, from my understanding there was a whole lot of over promising on yields. I saw a business plan for one of the big companies in CAN that was guaranteeing the equivalent of 55g/ sq. ft. Good luck guaranteeing that right out of the gate at the scale those guys are running at.

I can tell you here in CA, since there is no track and trace in place, a lot of licensed cultivators are sending large portions of their crops to the black market. I’m curious to know more about what it is your calculating.

On another note, I think we’ve gotten a bit off of the original topic and hijacked the thread with all this. @kmoroz1 was asking if it was possible to grow 2lb plants indoors and then what we thought were the conditions that would really allow this. My 2cents is that if you want decent crop turns and you want 2lb plants, it’s all about light. In the 1000w range.

@kmoroz1 should we move the rest of this discussion to another thread?

Respectfully,

Ian Caine

3 Likes

It is up to you guys if you want to put it on another Thread. I am happy to see my question sparked a lot of conversation. In regards to 1000w is a watt a watt? Meaning if I use 1000 watts of LED’s (COB preferably), or MH, hPS, CFl Etc… Is there a BIG difference? I know some people swear by each one but in your experience is it more important to calculate the watts or is it more important to have a specific type of light to achieve a higher yield which is the name of the game for most of us. To me I want to generate a watt at the lowest cost which is why I lean towards COB. Thanks again for your insight.

Regards,
Kevin

3 Likes

As stated above it is absolutely 100% possible. But, it is all about veg time, genetics, grower, environment, and products used. The big thing was and for some states still is plant count that creates this need for larger plants rather than sea of green for quicker turn around. Major con would be more time for something to go wrong in my opinion. Here are some photos of a few clients with that huge plant need and we are glad to help reach their goals.

One of them didn’t even need the Mad scientist wig! :laughing:

6 Likes

He didn’t need it but it sure was awesome! Greeeeeeat plants! Freaking beautiful! Thanks for adding those. I’m jamming out some plants indoors in 30 gal fabric pots so stand by and let’s see if we can score similar yields on big plants. Thanks again, @NateDakine420!

3 Likes

I get 3 a light, I’m using mills Nutes and kind leds for lights. I’m also hydro

4 Likes

I have a client out of Portland OR called Shango. He is a good friend of our company’s owner Kelly. Shane had been hesitant to try our line because he was hitting some good numbers with mills and had been using them forever. We finally got him to do a run with us last year and we hit a home run. He was impressed and that was before our Shock and Awe Bloom Booster came out. After using all 4 parts he has hit as high as 36.5% THC with over 4% terps on a Mango OG strain and has 4 more strains now that are over 32% while also boosting his yield. He never hit those levels with mills and we are saving him a ton of money and head ache. He is now a huge Flag waver and is using it in both Portland gardens with the third one in vegas running a side by side now with his grower at that garden. He will be at the CCC show in Portland next week and I will be visiting his booth periodically to talk to people. I hope to have some products there in his booth to hand out and show off. If you are interested in giving us a go let me know and ill get you a killer deal for the first run to give it a shot.

4 Likes

Yes. Here is a thread I posted at ICMag a few years ago. I consistently kill 2lb with the right genetics.

-Bill
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336281

2 Likes

36.5% total cannaboids or just THC? From what I have read the biological limits of THC cannot go over 35%. anything over 30% is extremely rare. Id be wary of the lab that produced those results.

4 Likes

Very true results. Very trusty lab. He never hit levels like that until using us. First report is with the Red bottle nutes and the second one is with us on both strains I posted.
420 - Mango OG 7.2.18.pdf (152.7 KB)

420 - A-Dub 5.24.18.pdf (127.3 KB)
420 - A-Dub 7.11.18.pdf (128.3 KB)
Real Results!

5 Likes

That would make it the worlds highests tested THC %… God Father OG had it last year with 34% it was retested 12 times . Going to have to look into that.

4 Likes

I am trying to understand the production reports in the public record. Most cannabis growers are producing redicusly low yield numbers. I can grow cut chrysanthemum another short day plant that has a very simalar life cycle in a indoor grow. I get about twice the production of the best growers in cannabis. The numbers I came up with for a detailed model. I used public product information for both crops.

I just trying to understand why we are grow cannabis like it is a tomato. And not like other short day crops. The WW2 Hemp for victory had higher glasshouse yields than we get present day. I don’t understand why.

From the voices in my head Ethan

Keven,

Plant count or square feet of canopy?

You said you are “kinda lazy” so cannabis is not your daytime job.

PM me I have some ideas for a home grow. And @FarmerK and @MK3_Pharms. Both do small grows very well. But, both are changing there style to more a short day plant model.

From the voices in my head Ethan :grimacing:

1 Like

Yeah we like to rock out with our… ahh wrong saying. Yes we are working on some pretty cool stuff. @ethan is showing me some cool ideas. While i do great on my own. Having some new thoughts always helps.

4 Likes

Thomas,

Thank you. That the nicest thing anyone has said in a while.

As the Rabbi said the only bad question is the one you didn’t ask.

Goute shoabos

Ethan

3 Likes

Ethan You are a good dude. Im not going to anyone bash you, especially yourself. Together we are stronger then the singularity. Together we will do amazing things. Always remember im down for the ride, no matter where we go.

4 Likes