Is anyone using Dynomyco in hydro?

Curiosity question, I have seen a bunch of posts praising the effectiveness of the dynomyco soil innocculant in soil and coco, but haven’t seen or did t notice if anyone is using it in hydro? I know that Mycos makes a mess in water. And recharge turns the water black because it has powdered molasses in it to feed the bacteria and fungi.

I was looking at it on their site and it looks like a bag of rocks lol. Does anyone know if it dissolves or if the carrier makes a sludge? @Ari

Thanks

3 Likes

Sport, that is a really interesting question. Looking forward to some of the hydroponic system growers sharing their knowledge…
I have my suspicions that soil inoculants may not be beneficial in hydro systems for a couple of reasons:

1. Doubt whether you want to add any microbial stimulants to the system as you may end up stimulating the undesirable along with the beneficial. Even adding amino acids to a hydro system is going to grow some ugly stuff!

2. The ‘rhizosphere’ (area of root/soil symbiotic relationship between root exudations, beneficial microbes, nutrient exchange) does not per se exist in hydro systems. The roots still issue exudates but of course the circulating water would quickly dissolve them into the reservoir volume.

Would love to see @Hydro pick up on this and share his knowledge, as I am unqualified to answer other than from the physiology perspective! I have complete confidence the hydro guys have this dialed in and may offer us some ‘trick’ contributions!!!

4 Likes

Dynomyco cant be used in water hydroponics.
Tribus can .
I dont use it because of the amount it would take for my 70 gallon system.
When I started using Jack’s I went down this road.
Everywhere I read people either used just Jack’s alone or added "supplements "
The supplements nearly every time was tribus and silica.
I’m trying it with no supplements.
Maybe that helps. I would like to know @Tygrow78 thoughts.

4 Likes

If you cant reach in and pull your roots out of the lines then twist the pots a turn or 2

2 Likes

Actually Bob they make several innoculants for hydro systems, I am using one of them now the roots gold. I had not heard of the tribes that @Hydro just mentioned. I also do use the TPS Silica gold supplement, I’m telling you that stuff works my stems are super strong. I don’t have any screen or net at all. I can bent the stem on the back one in the tent three feet to the outside of the tent and it just springs back, doesn’t bother it a bit. TPS also makes a root tonic for hydro or soil, same one for both, it’s called roots. It has accordind to them plant derived goodies in it to feed the microbes.

I was just wondering as I bought a bag of Dynomyco and am going to give it a try on my next coco grow since a lot of guys on here really like it. I just did t find anything on their site about hydro applications.

Thanks everyone !

6 Likes

Thanks Hydro! I pulled the pump line out of one side and put it in the opposite side that seemed to fix it for now. The reservoir bucket level went way up. Don’t know how long that will last but it fixed it for now.

Thanks a bunch!

4 Likes

Mine do that like once or twice a grow

4 Likes

That’s good to know sports! Glad I declared my ignorance at the outset!!!
I did have confidence that the hydro guys would chime in!!

Glad to hear you had good luck with the silica. I’m betting others will take note and consider it in the future. As much growth as you have in that tent, I can certainly see that any support structures would have been a PIA!

3 Likes

I only use liquid microbes in my systems, particularly Voodoo Juice. I’m an Advanced Nutrients guy all the way. It’s the only brand I’ll ever use now. The price tag to all their supplements is well worth the money.
Especially their microbes like Voodoo Juice, Piranha, and Tarantula. Especially Sensizym, their beneficial enzymes.

4 Likes

Na your one of the smartest ones on here…we are all learning hopefully. You are responsible for me getting my PH fixed. I read some bad info and you debunked that. Now I just pour it in turns cloudy, then clears up, I go over then it comes back down and stays in a good spot. THANKS !!

I am just too dammed hard headed sometimes lol.

4 Likes

No worries at all!! I appreciate this group and try to only post where I can contribute something to the conversation! When there is any conjecture involved, I like to notify everyone that I may have some relevant input, but do not necessarily have direct experience or overall command of the subject!!

I love the interaction, and learn things here damn near everyday!!! There are SO MANY excellent individuals here experienced in so many various cannabis production methodologies. We’re fortunate we can tag them and most often clarify and contribute to any conversation…IT IS INDEED ALL GOOD !!!

4 Likes

The answer is in the name Soil Inoculate Its made for soil use not hydro applications. It turns into sludge .

4 Likes

hey @avi , can you help us out here.

2 Likes

Hey All,

Thanks for reaching out with this question. I hope this information helps answer your question better:

DYNOMYCO is suitable for peat, coco, and Rockwool cubes and certain hydroponic growing methods. If you are growing in peat or coco you can simply mix DYNOMYCO in with the media. If you are using Rockwool then you’d want to put DYNOMYCO in the hole when you transfer the plant. That’s our standard application methods

As for the hydroponic system, if there is no media and your roots are completely exposed, the product will get flushed. If there is some media, even just at the beginning of the growing cycle, that will suffice for inoculation. You want to make sure to inoculate the plants before placing them in your system. This can be Root Riots, Easy Cubes, Jiffy Cubes, and all the other plugs. You can soak the cubes in water with DYNOMYCO for this.

I hope that helps basically to get DYNOMYCO to work most effectively when growing in hydro systems - it’s best to soak your rooting cubes with DYNOMYCO-infused water and you should see some exceptional growth. Feel free to check out this interview with Shango Los. At 5:14 he speaks about using DYNOMYCO in his hydro system when cloning.

Happy Growing :v:t4:

6 Likes

Whats up! @Ari great to see ya!

4 Likes

Likewise @Slym3r :heart: :firecracker:

3 Likes