Is anyone using supplementary UV light?

Yes I got that

2 Likes

Your on the ball bruh! :+1:t2:
Kicking some thoughts around, might not be such a great time at the moment :man_facepalming::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Hi, HLG makes a pretty nice 30watt uv led bar. It’s o or about 2ft, like the Cali Lightworks one, and is supposed to cover a 4x4 area. They’re about $150 us, but you can get 5-10% off right now with some of the after Christmas sales. I know I’ve seen another brand of uv light too, but I can’t recall who made it.
I’m torn between the HLG and the Cali Lightworks one. I’m going to order a couple of one of them as soon as I pick which one to go with. I’ve heard that LED’s don’t make good uv, but they’re a great brand, so I’m not sure. Never used Cali Lightworks products before, so I don’t know much other than what I’ve read on the reviews, which have VERY different opinions on them. A lot of ppl said theirs arrived broken or defective and needed to be replaced and that calis customer svc sucked, while others sing them and the light praises.
…so, who the fuck knows, ya kno?!? Hahaha!

2 Likes

@poppa
I’ve actually been trying out a similar product made from crab shells. It’s called Hyshield and it seems pretty good so far. They had an ad in Cannabis Business Magazine with an offer for free samples, so I emailed them and they sent me a little bottle of Hyshield as well as one of another of their products to help flush out nutrients and salts from your media. I haven’t tried that one yet though.
I’ll have to look n see if I still have the email address; if so I’ll post it and any of you that would like to try it out can call and get some.
…I looked online and they’re like $65 a bottle, so it’s a pretty good deal for free.

2 Likes

That bottom one looks fucking killer man!

2 Likes

I actually have 2 Cali lightworks uvb lights arriving today. I start flushing my girls Tuesday/Wednesday and I want to get the lights up ASAP. Reall looking forward to the next round when I can have the on the plants more but we’ll see what a week does to em.

I’m running under very powerful hps already and my girls are super frosty. If this helps at all I should have straight u disco balls. I’ve heard amazing things about em and I figure a couple hundred bucks is worth 5% thc

1 Like

@poppa
To be honest I’ve been at this a pretty long time, so I have most of everything I want.
The only real upgrades I can make currently would be to either my lighting, which I’m in the process of replacing with either LED’s or new hid’s. The only other thing I really need is a co2 controller; I’ve just been using a elec solenoid with a regulator and timer, but I want to automate it to make my life a little easier, lol.
As far as the UV lights, No, not yet, but I’m going to in the next day or so. I just need to decide if I’m going to go with the HLP or Cali Lightworks version. The Cali one is on sale on their website for $85 right now, and the HLP is 5% off of $150, so it’s like $132 on sale.
I’m going to order two of one kind soon as I decide which.
…I’m thinking the HLG. What do you think? Thx.

2 Likes

@Slym3r
Yeah man, T5’s are great for propagation and early growth. I use them in my clone chamber

2 Likes

I bought this one had good reviews Jory…

1 Like

@poppa
Well, I only need two for my test, but if I like them and decide to put them in my flower room I’ll probably need a total of 5-6 for a 5x10 room.

2 Likes

I’m not going led in flower… maybe down the road.
Initial cost I don’t want to deal with at the moment. I’d try them if I had a tent probably
I don’t have super high dollar leds in veg ( viperspectras) all I know is when I added a 1000 watt halide shit came to life more

1 Like

I’m In The same spot as you. Trying two Cali lightworks. They have awesome reviews and they’re a good company. Honestly don’t think you can go wrong here between the two

2 Likes

@automatik
I was torn between the HLG 650r and the Green Sunshine Electric Sky ES-300 and was kinda leaning towards the 750r since the election Sky v2 had been out for some time, then right about the time I was ready to order I got an email from Green Sunshine about their new v3 elec Sky es300, which now has 330 watts instead of 300, I decided to take a chance with them. They have a 90day $ back guarantee, so if I don’t end up liking them I’ll return them and get myself a 650r. …or I may get one anyways and see which is better. I have a 5x10 flowering tent, so I could use the 2 es300’s and the supplementary side lighting on one side, and the 650r on the other side of the tent.

4 Likes

Sent you an im :v:t2::roll_eyes::v:t2:

1 Like

@MrBlue
I really like the looks of that CO2 controller. I’m going to have to check them out.

2 Likes

I decided to order two uv lights. The big question now is whether to go with the Cali Lightworks or the HLG led bar?
Which one do you guys thinks better?

2 Likes

Researched those before I bought it works lol

1 Like

Hlg and that’s a guess :+1:t2:

1 Like

I’m interested now in UV, was looking at Migro UV light, Shane at Migro has put allot behind the reasons for UV light and has videos up on YouTube. I think he’s charging #125 Canadian.

1 Like

Got mine hung today. Quality is good but not a huge fan of the chrome finish but it’s all about the results

4 Likes