Is Carl's Jr really offering up a CBD infused burger?!?!?

In a dramatic move that nearly made me spit coffee all over my laptop, Carl’s Jr. announced it will become America’s first fast food chain to offer up infused foods to the general public. On April 20, a Denver Carl’s Jr. location will be serving up a healthy option for those afflicted with attacks of the munchies. The appropriately named “Rocky Mountain High” burger will have a CBD infused Santa Fe sauce. On Saturday, burger enthusiasts in Colorado will finally be able to augment their favorite day with an additional – however paltry – 5 mg of CBD delight… on their burger… as a topping. Here’s the kicker: the price? You guessed it, $4.20.

Please give me a sec to wrap my mind around this.

We’re living in a brave new world, folks. Not so long ago (like, last year), we would have faced incarceration for possession of CBD oil; now that very same product is here to grace our fast food as a condiment…just wow. With Carl’s Jr. joining CVS and Walgreens as sellers of CBD products, do you feel CBD has achieved widespread acceptance? Is cannabis legalization just on the horizon for us here in the U.S.?

5 Likes

I"ve become suspicious about the whole CBD explosion. There’s obviously a huge push and huge money behind it. There are CBD super stores opening up all around. It’s sold in Walmart, and now Carl’s Jr. There’s also this blurred line between hemp and ganja. 4/20 is now also sort of a national holiday, on par with Valentine’s Day. It’s all beginning to smell a little fishy.

5 Likes

Wow @Growernick that’s cool to hear! I like their idea, from the choice name of Rocky Mountain High Cheese Burger, to the price being $4.20, :exploding_head:.

CBD is absolutely achieving a widespread acceptance, slowly, but surely. Why shouldn’t it?. It has provided great value world wide. Hope they add their Santa Fe CBD sauce to their Beyond Burgers for Vegetarians to indulge in on 4/20, as well.

:thumbsupparrot: Way to go Carl’s Jr. in Denver! Looking forward to hearing the turnout details.

3 Likes

I wish! Kills two birds with one stone®.

4 Likes

@digicole I have an 18yr old Senegal parrot for a brother and with the nickname Kareenabis, I like to now say we can “get two birds stoned at once.” :bluntparrot::bluntparrot::smile: Back to CBD in Carl’s Jr., they would definitely be increasing their customer odds with the veggie addition.

4 Likes

Is it Broiled or Smoked…

3 Likes

But is it [Alibaba] CBD isolate? That’s my first question, usually. The term “CBD” drives me crazy [used as, “everything else but THC” or “just CBD isolate” and conveniently interchangeable to the consumer on both fronts]. I would rather see, ‘full spectrum sauce’. So… yea… I always have questions.

I also do not like the marketing here.

Sorry for being a super-duper-party-pooper but I am with Herbert_Ashe on this one - it isn’t right and just a little ‘fishy’.

3 Likes

In a year or two corporate giants like this will eliminate the small mom and pop cbd shops and cbd edible manufacturers.

They will then be poised to do the same if/when THC becomes federally legal.

Great for all of us as consumers not so great for those of us trying to run small businesses.

4 Likes

What do you suppose our remedy might be? Is there a way to overcome this takeover or is it an inevitability we might all face?

2 Likes

I think in this culture, with people in general these days wanting to support the little guy, constant bad news about the big guy, the small guy will always do okay in the market as long as they focus on being craft or specialized / personalized - but trying to out compete the big players when it comes to bulk, strictly price point, which includes landing long term relationships with Walmart for example, etc… Yup… Anyone without a B in front of their “illions” will get crushed. It is already going that way. So, my advice is to stay the little guy or sellout to the big guy. Anywhere in the middle to me is pending doom [meaning if you try to stay sort of upper mid-sized the market will make you an offer and eat you alive if you don’t take it]. It reminds me of that movie “Up” - that old man could have sold his land for more than it was worth to the high rises around him, instead, he ended up flying away in to danger and accidentally kidnapping a child.

My farm in WA did well because I focused things on a needed [obvious] niche, outdid people in quality, and had really good practices - but most people around us started to have major issues as more and more money came in [joining more and more licences together to form bigger and bigger groups]. Mainly, the issue that i saw, is that for some reason a lot of people in this business think they are bigger than they are and try to use a model meant for someone much bigger than they even can or could be [at least on their own. They are way over confident that they are special]. They think they are cut-throat business execs willing to do what it takes in a dog-eat-dog world [when really they are just, most often, a common license holder with a finite amount they can produce] but the truth is that they are a puppy and should use that cuteness to survive instead of trying to show their teeth. Ego. The one thing they could do to fight back is create their own more powerful groups [than their current level of authority] but they refuse because they don’t ‘need anyone else’. They all have a plan until they get punched in the mouth basically [ - Mike Tyson ]. I figured… I should stay in my lane as an operation and not join the race to the bottom. I think another 50% of the problem is a lack of experience [in general].

2 Likes

Oh hello, yes, I’d like a Rocky Mountain High Cheese Burger Deligh with extra CBD sauce, please. Can I also add some Delta 8 to the burger? Excellent, and what baked goods do you have… besides me of course? Umm, yeah, canna infused lemon meringue pie, most certainly - I’ll take two! You’re very kind, thank you :smiley:

6 Likes

or gets two birds stoned at once

2 Likes

Spot on @hileelikelee! :slightly_smiling_face:

Check out the reports from the experiment. “274 CBD sauced burgers sold by 9 a.m.!”

~ :green_heart: Kareenabis~

3 Likes

Now…THAT is funny!

2 Likes

:joy: Happy that made you laugh! It’s true though. Check him out, his name is Buddy, he likes to drink from the faucet and hang out in the closet. :slightly_smiling_face:

~ :green_heart: Kareenabis~

3 Likes

Those birds look smarter than my ex-husband!

3 Likes

Now THAT is funny! Buddy is a pretty smart bird. :scienceparrot:

4 Likes