Is this a Male?

I think this might be a male but am I calling it too soon. It is day 2 of flower after spending 6 weeks in veg. What do you guys think?

3 Likes

I donā€™t see any signs of it being Male

2 Likes

Nor do I.

Usually it takes at least 8 weeks of vegetative growth for a cannabis seedling to reach sexual maturity and begin to show definitive signs of male or female, regardless of cultivar or photoperiod. I anticipate you will be able to make a determination in the next two weeks or so.

Patience will be your virtue, my friend

2 Likes

ten to one thatā€™s going to be a male. Patience, however. One needs to be sure. Even if this plant is a male, it isnā€™t sufficiently mature to manufacture pollen. Females will show you two ā€œhairsā€ at the point where youā€™re now seeing a small ball of growth. Those two ā€œhairsā€ wonā€™t look anything like that ball in this very early stage of growth.

Patience. Watch closely. You start to see a cluster of ā€œballsā€ there, yank that sucker.

3 Likes

Thanks guys Iā€™ll be patient and hope for some hairs in the next week or so.

1 Like

A new pic of the growth

3 Likes

That looks like a maleā€¦ notice how thereā€™s something like a little pole and at the end of that you have the bulb shape? (Iā€™ve heard some people describe it as banana shaped) thatā€™s what a male flower starts like.

A female flower is going to have a pistil poking up out of itā€¦ there are several good pics over on the ā€˜show us your bud picsā€™ thread.

Iā€™ll see if I can get a good picture of some female preflowers for comparison and post them up on this threadā€¦

2 Likes

Yup. That is clearly a male plant.

2 Likes

100%

@macgyver_stoner, this is the thread I drew your attention to the other day.

2 Likes