Is this alternaria leaf spot?

Hi everyone these gals are my mother crop and have been in the room for a few weeks now. The have started getting a lot of these spots and I’m not sure what the treatment is. So far I have foliage spray with a hocl solution. And also a root drench with hocl to help with anything in the medium. I am growing in 70 coco 30 perlite mix.

Processing: D14D3F26-ADBD-450C-BC48-88C5A0589D32.jpeg…

3 Likes

Reload the pictures please!

4 Likes

All better :joy:

4 Likes

I think it is looking at the 1st picture. Remove all the bad leaves and mist your plants with HOCI. Use the HOCI at full strength all over the plant and spray down your grow area. It will spread like wild fire if you don’t!

4 Likes

Sounds good! I was also wondering if you knew the drawbacks of spraying during light hours. I have always been told only to spray during lights off. Is this totally true?

4 Likes

I spray just before lights out and haven’t had a problem. I have had Alternaria in a tent before, nasty crap if not treated asap. I have been told by other growers they fog their plants and tents several times, but with HOCI one heavy treatment will do the job. If you use h2o2 3% it takes 3 treatments over 3 days and will probably come back a few weeks later.

4 Likes

Is there any preventative measures I can take other than keeping up on a spraying regiment?
Btw thank you for all the help!

5 Likes

Just keep an eye on your heat and humidity and use the HOCI to sterilize your grow area after each harvest and treat all the plants in the grow area when you see the dreaded yellow circle and necrosis on your leaves.

5 Likes

@codyjester, Nacho did you solid…any plant stress will also make your plants more susceptable to disease pathogens…
Certainly (as nacho said) spray them down good with HOCL…if you’re using a HOCL with 0.046% or there abouts, a one and done should do it for you…
Some of that upper leafs margin yellowing looks a little suspicious to me…May I suggest you collect some drainage water off your plant and check the pH and EC/ppm of the runoff. If that pH got a little away from you, you’ll want to bring it back in line…

5 Likes

I do check every day and there was a day last week I had a ph spike. It was caused by an enzyme formula I was trying for the fist time. Drained, cleaned and refilled my reservoir. I also tested the ph of my soul and it was at 7. I did a flush as well to get everything back to normal in the root zone.

4 Likes