Is this Calcium deficiency?

Autoflower entering week 4 of vegg.
Soil = 50/50 Fox Farm Ocean Forest / Happy Frog
Only fed ph safe, low ppm water, no nutrients.
Moving all the plants to a slightly latger tent in the next day or so.
Any advice and or questions is welcomed!

3 Likes

How low is it light to the plants. Almost resembles light burn in a way also.

3 Likes

I was thinking maybe water droplets/ moisture on The leaves overlapping maybe causing light burn. I had this issue until I cleaned and defoliated a bit :+1::+1::v:

2 Likes

If you enlarge the pictures and see a dark ring around the spots on the leaves it looks like Alternaria. Pluck the spotted leaves off and mist the leaves with HOCI or Hydrogen Peroxide diluted with distilled water to kill it off. If you use HOCI you only need a heavy dose, if using Hydrogen Peroxide treat 3 times over 6 days. and make sure you have good air flow and circulation.

3 Likes

That looks like what I’m seeing on my leaves. I figured was light burn because moisture was building up on overlapping leaves. So I adjusted my exhaust to better regulate humidity, trimmed them up and ordered a better circulation fan. But I may just need to treat them anyways. I do have one question, what ratio are you mixing the HOCI. I have a gallon that’s 500 ppm. And I always seem to mix too heavy and it fries the leaves a bit. lol. I use a gallon jug to mix in and have a pump sprayer , is the some sort of chart for mixing? Haven’t found anything yet :v:

3 Likes

@bigj I use HOCI at 280 ppm (I make my own). I have had a few grows with that crap and it will spread like wildfire until I found out about HOCI . Now I use the HOCI a lot as a preventive measure and to sterilize my tents and equipment and I haven’t had it since, plus I added a second circulation fan and replaced the exhaust fan with a larger exhaust fan.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback guys.
The Viparspectra P1000 (100w) light is about 16."
Manufacturer recomends 16’-20."
I’ll try your suggestions.
Thanks!!

2 Likes

Just finished moving everyone to my new tent & raised the lights from 16" to 20" & kept 100% power which is the max Viparspectra recommendations.
I dunno much about HOCI so will start looking into that next.

3 Likes

Here is the tread about HOCI.

5 Likes