Is this COB LED light seem legit?

Okay, so I need an additional light with my setup (currently using large walk in closet till garage cools down) I found it on Amazon and know that it can be tricky to get a quality light for a good price. I already have a quantum board led from Budget LED. This would be supplemental. Anyone with experience with selecting good LEDs please chime in.

BRAND:FSGTEK

• 【Approaching Nature】The 1800W COB LED grow light includes red, blue, white, IR and UV which is similar to the natural sunlight( 380nm-800nm ), perfectly meet the need of all kinds of indoor plants in their growth cycle.
  • 【Daisy Chain Function】The 1800W COB LED grow light is much efficient than traditional HPS/MH while consuming only 300w!recommended for vegetative 4’x3’ coverage and flowering 3’x2’ coverage.
  • 【Power Cooling System&Energy Saving】We use a 3mm thickness aluminum plate radiator for better heat dissipation. COB LED Grow Light consumes only 230-250W, Twice effective coverage area than any HPS/MH Series lights.
  • 【Applicable Scene】Suitable for different stages of plant growth, which can be used at the garden, breeding, flower, farm, pot culture, exhibition, bonsai, sowing, cultivation.

I don’t think it will be an actual 1800w by any means… but hey what do I know about lights…

1 Like

Yeah, it says it draws 300 watts for the whole unit. I have researched how to pick the right kind of lighting and I think Pars and Umols throw me off a bit.

I have these in my 4x4 tents (2 each tent) and they produce good for their price point. However, they get very hot so make sure you have great ventilation. Current temps avg 86°.
Waiting on my new led lights coming in and will blow these out of there so you get what you pay for. Good starter lights and after 2 harvest you should be able to upgrade to better led lights.

Lights for me produced avg 14 oz of Ice Cream Cake (Seed Junky)

Good luck growmie!

Yeah I have to get to a machine shop to punch holes in my heat sinks and rails so I can finally build the light COVID has paused…lol… but in between I have to remember how I want to H/U the driver and run wiring…lol…

1 Like