Is your growing business insured?

Sometimes it’s hard to gauge this, but, like the question about banking from last week, I want to know how many folks in this industry are actually insured… I feel like there’s a huge gap in our industry and nobody is talking about it! Have you acquired insurance for your workforce, crops, major assets, etc? What hurdles did you have to overcome to become insured? Did you have underwriting issues? How did you triumph? Or are you still walking on eggshells scared for the worst but hoping for the best? @memberdirectory, let’s talk about insurance!

7 Likes

Nick,

This is a great question… but I would like to ask a follow up question. If you did purchased insurance, did you only buy the minimum coverage as required by the state?

Larry
420 Friendly Insurance

4 Likes

We had no problems obtaining insurance for the grow. Although crop insurance was offered as part of the package, we declined that coverage. In our case, we felt it was expensive and there were too many exclusions to make it useful. For example, loss of power/loss of HVAC is not covered, also damage due to pests is not covered, the list goes on. Read your policy carefully and check the exclusions.

6 Likes

Norman,

Great advise… we tell everyone to read their policy to understand what you have coverage for and what is EXCLUDED! Then you (the named Insured) need to make a business decision as to what risks you will transfer and what risks you will self insure.

Larry Harb
420 Friendly Insurance

5 Likes

I am working on insurance for my retail location. My insurance guy said he could get it over night… Three weeks later we are talking about massive exclusions and still haven’t landed on a plan. Actually, it’s very frustrating. I remolded my entire store by hand, myself, in the amount of time it’s taken to get a insurance policy. ARGG.

4 Likes

:christmas_tree:Happy Holidays Jeff!

Sorry to hear about your tedious task of finding the right insurance plan to meet the needs of your retail location.

We have over 35 insurance providers that can assist you and possibly meet your needs in a shorter amount of time.

I think @mperkins and @bbennett should jump in on this and inform Jeff of how Sagacious Insurance can provide immediate assistance to him.

Check out this short clip below to see how to find an insurance provider in your area.
/original/2X/e/e3857b0246d99a7e585043ff8a21e56f96e97c12.mp4

Growers Network members have all the resources you need to expand your business. Next time you have a need for your operation or retail business, make sure you check out Growers Network’s Directory of members 1st! :slightly_smiling_face:

Happy chatting and growing :leaves:!

~ :green_heart:Kareenabis~

4 Likes

:christmas_tree:Happy Holidays Norman!

Are you familiar with @GoddessofPhun’s Understanding Captive Insurance - brief overview or Insurance Coverage for Crop Failure, pests, loss of license, and more ?

Feel free to check it out and send her a message if you have any questions!

Happy chatting and growing :leaves:!

~ :green_heart:Kareenabis~

3 Likes