It's 5 Alive!

This will be an attempt at a ScrOG grow using a 5 Alive bean. The screen is 28" X 36" with 4" squares installed on a cart, 16" above the dirt. The substrate is a Mexican product called Green Monkey in a 50L airpot. It has an initial 2 week charge of nutes. I will be using AN Connoisseur blend nutes and compost tea drench every other week plus Garret’s Juice foliar if and when needed. I love the stuff. I will be doing in and out grows. Right now we are getting approximately 11 hours of daylight so I will need to supplement with a couple of hours of artificial light. I am sold on the gas lantern routine to save energy consumption. I am convinced by personal experience that the plants are just as productive and it cut my electric bill in half. Anybody that has grown this strain or a ScrOG please share your observations.

13 Likes

Topped her today after 6 leaf sets.

8 Likes

Almost to the screen. Second topping today. Tried fimming. :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:
fim

fim2

10 Likes

She’s up! Above the screen and almost time for plant torture. The biggest fan leaves I have ever seen.

10 Likes

Five alive, five in the hive, five for my wife, that’s the strive
five it was and five thrived
five arrived and five survived
first they lived and then they died.

8 Likes

Should be and then they fried.

5 Likes

First bend. Will start feeding Saturday.

8 Likes

Major defoliation. Screen is filling out nicely. Very supple branches on this 5 Alive strain.

8 Likes

About 60% full. Flip to flower in a week to 10 days.

7 Likes

Flip to flower tonight. Now all my plants except clones are in flower. Pineapple Express in the planter. Two Fruity Chronic Juice for fem seed run, and 5 Alive scrog. My reserves are getting low. After this harvest I can start playing again. I hope to preserve some FCJ fem pollen for crosses later. Might have to put up a second screen.

9 Likes

Looks great so far. I see it’s outdoors , where are you?

8 Likes

In Quintana Roo, Mexico. In the southern part of the state. I think with patience you could grow rocks down here.

7 Likes

Beautiful there, I’ll look you up next time I’m there. Perhaps “Moonrocks” LOL

8 Likes

I made a moonrock out of White Widow bud, coated with Amnesia Haze extract and a thick coating of Durban Poison kief. After sampling I renamed it a Jupiter rock. WAY past the moon.

9 Likes

Just starting her 3rd week of flower.

7 Likes

Looks like she’s having a potassium deficiency. I have some potassium sulfate that I have never used. From what I gather online for foliar the dose is one or two tsp. per gallon and one or two tbsp. per gallon for drench. Any advice on which would be better, or not at all?

6 Likes

From my experience, 1. The damage won’t go away, on the leaves that have damage from deficiency. 2. I’ve been advised against using foliar sprays, to correct problems.(if you are growing in soil) 3. If she’s having a food deficiency and it has nothing to do with Nitrogen; GO NUTS! Its kind of hard to burn them up if you’re feeding just flowering nutes (P,K). Not to say that it won’t happen.

If you’re having any deficiency depending on where you are at in flowering stage( I’m referring to the early and mid stages of flower) ; i would start with a Nice dose of Cal-Mag, I would probably double my dose on the flower nutes (feed them really good). And just wait for the life to come back. When it starts praying :pray: again, remove the damaged leaves.

I hope that helps.

7 Likes

Trimmed the damage and dosed with 1 tbs. potassium sulfate in 1 gallon of water. Will dose again at Saturday’s feeding.

6 Likes

Took an early puff of the 5 Alive. Still a tad moist. It reminded me of a wrestling match. First off a giant gong went off in my head. The next thing I knew the room was spinning like an airplane shoulder spin, and BOOM! Body slam to the tarmac. Can’t wait to do some QWET for my Stella. It will be an epic tag team match!

5 Likes