Jacks 3-2-1 in 1 gal coco/perlite

Hi all, new to the forum hoping to get some advice. Seems like there’s a ton of talent here so maybe some will rub off on me :v:
My second coco grow, first time using jacks in coco. Watering every other hour with runoff at 750-800ppm at pH 5.8-6.2. Coming out is 5.7-6.0 pH and 750-1000 ppm. I was surprised to see a mag deficiency in first few days of flower.
Growth is kinda sappy and soft. Petioles snap crispy and juicy. I can prune out inside sucker growth w out trimming shears by pinching it off fairly clean w out making a stringy mess. Color lacks vibrancy almost a bit anemic. Maybe my bulbs getting old? Last grow was fine though.
I feel like all the nutes should be in there and it is an uptake issue but not experienced enough to know.
Lighting is hps. Any ideas?

tr

4 Likes

What ppm are you feeding at?

2 Likes

750-800 ppm

2 Likes

I’m not sure which ppm scale your on but that seems low, here’s a link to with their nutrient schedules https://www.jacksnutrients.com/cannabis-hemp-schedules
They recommend 2.4 E.c. for 321 if you have r.o. water

3 Likes

Yes your correct. I figured I could get away w less due to the constant fertigation in coco. I do however lack experience growing in coco. I’ll try upping the strength. I’m on the 500 scale btw. Thanks for chiming in​:+1::+1:

3 Likes

maybe you have a bit of salt build up in the coco and its causing nutrient lockout ?
Might be time for a good flush and reset that medium.

4 Likes

The highest reading I got from the media itself was 1125 w a bluelab pulse. The lowest was 700. Idk wtf is going on. Kinda got me stumped. Probably a pointless thread. Maybe a combination of things? I am just so certain that the growth is different than what I normally get w these strains. Almost like the plants are spoiled, didn’t hafta do any work for their meal ticket and are fat, pale and pudgy and not lean, wirey, green and tough. I’m going to look at the roots. I know it’s going to produce buds and all probably just fine but I don’t like not knowing what I am doing to cause this slight difference in character. It’s driving me nuts because I feel like I’m making a deal about nothing but again Everytime I deal w them I can’t shake the something ain’t right thing.
Thanks for chiming in. :+1::+1:

1 Like

I gave them a mild flush 4 days ago btw​:+1::+1: So maybe time will tell. Ty!

1 Like

:astonished: NS! I was hoping to hear something like this. Okay so I’ll start w the formula that worked for you and go from there. I’m on it​:+1:
Ty very much for the input. I will keep the thread posted and my fingers :crossed_fingers::+1::+1::+1:

5 Likes

Curious to what ppms your at w the formula. I come out to 890 not including the 30ppm of my source water. So 920 total.
I usually run around 800. Wondering if I should dilute down?

3 Likes

I wish all my thoughts came to me within the same post.
Umm… so jacks recommends a higher EC than I’m using.
Is it true that one can get away feeding less ppm because it’s coco? Multiple waterings and all that? Hope I’m not too gauge. Only my second grow w coco bear with me thanks for taking the time👍

2 Likes

I also use Jacks 321 , and recommend shifting the formula as @Hydro stated. Your ppms at 890/930 may be considered low, i run close to 1100-1200 ppms on heavy feed strains. Maybe bump up to 1000 and see how they take it once you have run the new formula for a few days at the lower ppm to acclimate the plants to the new regiment

4 Likes

Sounds really good. I’ll go from there thanks for your input. Gives me a bit more confidence :+1:

3 Likes

My jacks mix comes out pretty close to 1000 ppm, in flowering I do use more of the Part A and a little less of the Part B as @Hydro listed above.

4 Likes

Your in coco too? What size pots?

4 Likes

Yes, pure coco in 5 gals.

5 Likes

Just thought I would update. The new formula is awesome! They shook it right off and are trees now w no symptoms at all. Thanks very much for taking the time to share​:+1::grin: I’ll update w a pic tomorrow night. It’s a jungle in there.
Sooooo… THANKS GROWERS!!!

3 Likes

Hi @tracyfri

That is great to hear. Welcome to the GN community. Looking forward to seeing your updates.

1 Like