Jars for curing

Hi, just a quick query really. When I see examples of curing , the jars, are often screw tops. I have Kilner jars but they have the spring loaded closure and rubber seal - does that matter ? Should I be looking at screw top jars instead ?

3 Likes

they will work just a well… I use the 1.9l mason jars for my curing…

2 Likes

Like @Ladithief said, should work fine, My understanding is that you just need an air-tight seal

4 Likes

and a 62% 8g boveda…lol…

3 Likes

Do you go through the burp then put in our boveda pack. Or put the boveda is right away.

And has anyone tried the whole drying and curing process using either a boveda or integra

No I dry for 3-4 days then put in a paper bag and weigh daily until weight loss is negligible then put in a jar with the boveda and burp daily for 2 weeks

4 Likes

Thanks for the help folks, I’ve not used Boveda packs before is the weight determined by the size of the jar ?

they have a chart on their site… I use 8g and replace them when they get solid…

Screw tops have a silicone ring where the lip meets the jar making it better for rubber can leave a slight smell and even lil microscopic particles

Only use bovedas or any packs when it’s needed for I’ve seen these packs mold the product if applied to soon in wrong temps and environments

1 Like

I only use them when I remove the cannabis from the paper bag after the final drying step and I start curing…

1 Like

I use paper bags for drying then straight into grove bags, I like better than jars :wink:

3 Likes

I will have to look into to them and test drive to see if you are onto something @piper…

They did do samples here at one time

I can’t find ANY info/videos/forums on these bags. Could you give me a rundown on the process before adding your product to the bags? This will be my first harvest ever so I am not sure where to go. If the bags are worth it I mine as well learn now.