Jiffy pellets quick question

Are jiffy pellets susceptible to growing bad stuff and killing any seeds you throw in it? I’ve been trying to start some vegetable and cannabis seeds with having success with one when I first started the pellets and everyone since seams dead. They have been going for about 2 weeks now and I’m wondering if they go bad rather easily.

1 Like

How wet are those pellets?

2 Likes

Just what they would soak up initially and then I’d give them a little spray of water after a few days

1 Like

Don’t use jiffy pellets. Those are for clones only. Use rapid rooters to start seeds.

4 Likes

I’ve never heard of rapid rooters. I seen the jiffy in the university course for starting seeds and just so happened to pick the same exact pack up the day before. I think it was like $4 for a 12 pack at Home Depot. What’s the cost of the rapid rooters?

1 Like

I soak for 24-48hrs till they crack then straight into the media with a little bit of MYCORRIZAE I just started 10 new autos they went into the promix 2 days ago and 9/10 are growing now

4 Likes

Do you soak the seeds or pellets? I’ve thought about soaking seeds but I can not stay clean enough for the life of me to have the confidence to handle seeds after they have cracked.

2 Likes

Root riots are best. Flip me upside down . Put seed in after tap root emerges after paper towel method of germination . Keep em covered and under 24/7 light. Max 80 temp. Tap root emerges out bottom game on. Best of luck. Ps cannibas seeds are not like bean seeds, or vegetable seeds. Peat pellets are very acidic and very moist. Will suffocate the seed. Best of luck

No nutes. No nutes. No nutes

2 Likes

Soak the seeds, and I use grower choice mycoblast to water my seeds in than just ph’d water til usually 1/2 way through week 2 I start low dose nutes and gradually increase just what works for me

4 Likes