Job interview @ a grow house tomorrow

@bullfrog420
It allows the plants to focus all of their energy on flower production. Also improves airflow in the greenhouse. Here’s a link but there’s a bunch of info out there about defoliating. Sounds like outdoor plants don’t benefit from this.

2 Likes

@bullfrog420 I’m just the new guy doing what I’m told. I’ve never heard that about the lower leaves, I’d like to read more about that.

1 Like

ppl can always learn new things

The outdoor plants benefit from less bugs, less mold chance and it helps to concentrate on bigger buds.

2 Likes

No worries. Being new,soak up everything you can learn!!! Hands on experience is the best way to learn in my opinion. Everyone has a different technique or style of growing. I will find some info on the fan leaf stuff to send to you. We have trimmed off the lower fans and stripped it up before so it was just a tall plant with the tops being colas with nothing below, and we have went the other and also left the lower fans alone. I still take some of the lower to clean it up down there and make it open to be less mess when I am hand feeding. When we did the numbers at harvest time it was a big difference. You loose out on a lot of weight by removing all the lower. Plus our colas did not look better for doing that, they still came out similar to the plants that had their lower left alone. The difference was in ounces. So I personally clean it up in my grow, but again, I know a lot or people that do not. I have the quality, so I want the weight with it! Hahaha
My root structure for my indoor plants are so crazy awesome that the roots start shooting out or the wholes in my 3 or 5 gallon containers.(depends on what I choose to use that run). I dont mean they Just poke out of the whole, I mean they come out and take off by feet not inches sometimes. And when we remove the plant from the pot after cut down the structure is so intense theres no saving the medium, its completely consumed by the roots! Its awesome!!!

***Root growth is equal to, or proportionate to dry bud weight!!!

2 Likes

That cola loaded plant looks like a christmass tree I wish I could put presents under. Hahaha I love when the plants cola out!!! Specially when you get the plants the size where there’s like 18 big colas on it. Ahhhhhh, awesomenesssssa!!! Lol
Do you usually pull ounce size colas off your outdoor plants?

2 Likes

Was the other plant harvested by the cola, or do you have deer eating it like out here? Hahaha

1 Like

Lol bugs were over taking it. I learned not to plant right next to each other. It caused one plant to suffer. The bigger of the two has no issues, as the plant that was there had 4 types of problems occurring.

teach me your root magic!

this is my first outdoor grow.

Grats on your new job!

1 Like