Jtobidon First Grow

Thank you @Slym3r! I’m also learning as I’m going haha. This is my first trial test Sou vide decarb & infusion and honestly it was fully smell proof during the whole processing (grinding, transferring/sealing/removing into jar was probably the only time you get a whip of herbs, other than that after the coconut oil infusion, I strained through cheesecloth and squeezed thru my orange hand juicer, literally it smelled great!) Next time I will adjust and make new adjustment for a second trial test. I’m open to suggestions and questions or to just have a great chat!

1 Like

Sorry to ask directly @PreyBird1, so with my plants leaves turning color, does that mean I can harvest or near harvest time? I’ve notice some white hairs still on flowers but some have turned amber. I’ve came across several forums you mentioned ozone generator, I was wondering what would you recommend? Thank you in advance! any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

@jtobidon

1. Question about harvesting. No hairs being done does not indicate ripeness. You need to look at the trichromes with a digital microscope $26 amazon. Or a jewlers eye and look at the glittery crystals for those to have milky or semi amber or full amber colors.

For ozone gens now dont freak out these ARE EXPENSIVE AND COMMERCIAL GRADE.

https://www.bghydro.com/big-blue-ozone-generator-6.html
Read my review!

2 Likes

The purple and black strains are my favourite after the cold and a good frost hit them… they are amazingly purple or black… the orange strains are beautiful but not my favourite to ingest…

2 Likes

@PreyBird1 I will try and upload photos later today, thank you on the ozone recommendation I will definitely look into this and this chart will help a lot!

UPDATE 9/19/2020

2 Likes

looking good. Getting there. The last bit is the worst waiting is so hard. Then you have to dry it out haha more waiting lol.

3 Likes

I am having that same thing happening to my leaves and some are dying off… Should i be worried?? Thanks in advance for the knowledge. :+1:

1 Like

UPDATE 9/26/2020

Reason they are called Plant #1, #6 & #10 because my buddy who had the mother plants had to let them go and they were originated from bag seeds so either of us knows the exact strains. After these plants were under my care and since first grow I wanted to see how they would grow with out much nutrients or transplant. Yes! I definitely should of taken more care of them but I wanted to see how the plants would do by itself in the environment. overall, I’m happy I’ve gotten this far, and with some knowledge I finally placed an order through Growerschoiceseeds and begin my second grow knowing my strains and their genetic origins.

I think I’m close to harvest… or possibly even ready? Please any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Plant #1

Plant #6

Plant #10

My first germinated seed plant

I did a lot more work and care into this plant than the rest. this was also a bag seed that I germinated and thru veg to flower and close to ready harvest?

3 Likes

@dankbudz i think coloring on leaves and drying should be okay…I will find out soon hopefully some of the members might guide me thru my current update.

1 Like

Great pics!!! Ok I looked over your tricrome pics and here is what I see #1 mostly cloudy, saw a few amber. It looks to me as your tri s are still turning from clear to cloudy. Or that could be lighting reflection. #6 I saw more of the amber tri s. check more or the plant and see if the rest are like this or if this is the start of the ambering.
Its really your preference on what effects you want from your bud on how long you let it go from cloudy to amber. #10 also a few amber ,mostly cloudy tri s. If these were mine I would wait on #1 put #6 in dark get it ready to cut. Let #10 and #1 wait a bit longer looks like 10 will be ready before 1.
When I have this many ready to go at once I like to stagger them so I don’t have to much trimming to do at once. Or another thought is harvest all at once because of the diffence in the tri cromes the cannabis should have differing effect… ie couchlock vs cerebral.

@jtobidon Hope this helps :pray: :relaxed:

4 Likes

@kkustom thank you for your suggestions & recommendations! I’ll definitely look into these specifics, much appreciated once again!

2 Likes

10/4/2020 UPDATE

Two days in darkness & finally chopped !

Plant#1

Plant#6

Plant# 10

Quick Update on my homemade canna caps

I was able to give this device a test run (not affiliated or sponsored by them) I bought the system online tcheck.me
I was able to run a diagnostic test on my homemade canna oil but I do however need one manufactured labeled bottle concentrate or tincture to run it and see how accurate it is.

Anyone on GN experimented with this device?

THESE GIRLS ARE READY FOR 2nd GROW !

Bag seed Sour D :face_with_raised_eyebrow: We’ll see…I did find 11 seeds so will germinate a few more when I have time

5 Likes

Looks good!! Are you starting your second grow now?

2 Likes

I had clones ready and germinated a found bag seed “supposedly sour d” we will see. Ordered seeds online and they should arrive in a few days :wink:

2 Likes

Sounds Sweet!!! Can’t wait to see your second grow! I’m sure you will get a great harvest!

1 Like

10/12/2020 UPDATE:

TRIM & CURE TIME!

First grow conclusion: Great experience & learned a lot along the way. Thank you to everyone on GN for the help! In my first grow, I only fed either none (Plant 1, 6, 10) or half of recommended nuts. I will adjust and hopefully my second grow will be better! I am excited for new seeds & my second grow! I’ll also be testing out with Growbucket system for mother plants. Part II coming soon :grin:

Seeds from Growers Choice: OG Kush :: Gelato :: BlueBerry Kush:: (Found SourD seeds) Had few Plant #1 cloned & ready to go!

!

3 Likes

what is your opinion of the tCheck2? I grow small batches.

1 Like

sorry @wrosenk for the late reply, I’ve been less active on GN recently due to work. I don’t recommend it since it only tests up to 15mg/ml for oils and butter and just wasn’t what I was searching for. The concept and idea is great thou but only if it’s able to diagnose a higher percentage.

1 Like