Jtobidon First Grow

HELLO EVERYONE @ GN!

I just want to introduce myself and this is my first grow journal. Thank you for taking the time to look at my grow and please any feedbacks or recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thru these couple months, I’ve definitely learned it’s not an easy hobby to neglect or put aside taking care of these plants. I did all my own research and trials and errors to make myself a better grower. I’m definitely loving it! I’m open to learn and it’s a new hobby. I started with a found bag seed. Germinated in my aerogardener to see if it’ll sprout and so this journal started HAHA.

I began to write and decided to log on here for personal and to share with the community on what I have learned and mistakes I made to assist with future grow. I apologize in advance if I overload with photos or try to be a bit more descriptive at times, I figure my kids will understand as they are older, but now it’s just fun plant life cycle. The beauty of mother nature (Again, I’m open to criticism, suggestions, corrections and comments if I wrote something wrong) I’m not trying to offend anyone or I certainly don’t know it all so this is all just a new hobby & my log journal!

5/31/2020: Found Bag seed and germinated in aerogardner. Two rounded cotyledon leaves will grow out from the stem as the plant unfolds from the protective casing of the seed. These initial leaves are responsible for taking in sunlight needed for the plant to become healthy and stable.
IMG_0122

6/11/2020: Transplanted into coco coir & 3 Gallon fabric pot. Currently under 18/6 Light Schedule & Hanging around 30’’ and feeding with General Organics Nutrients.
IMG_0225

Would love to hear feedbacks, suggestions or recommendations on nutrients. I went with General Organics GO BOX for my first grow.
GENERAL

FIRST NEW TENT 4x4
CALIFORNIA LIGHT WORKS-SOLAR SYSTEM 550 LED GROW LIGHT
CALIFORNIA LIGHT WORKS LED LIGHT CONTROLLER

IMG_0193
6/20/2020: Looking healthy and ready for plant training
IMG_0296

IMG_0298

IMG_0303

6/23/2020: Three Mother’s from a buddy (Plant#1, #6, #10) to be determined on strain
boyHOrE' ES

Took clones from mother plant #1, #6 & #10 same day
IMG_0531

TErRSPRO0T

Heat Mat

6/25/2020: 5 Days after topping, new growth started to show.
IMG_0390

7/6/2020: New cola growth and LST
IMG_0459

7/10/2020: SHE’S Looking Healthy! starting and probably finalizing on determining on sex of plant. Check near the new growth tip, if pollen sacks (male) immediately remove. Pistils are hair like and these are what we want! (FEMALE)
IMG_0476
IMG_0485

7/16/2020: ROOTS! on clones
IMG_0535
Transplanted clones into 3.5’’ Square pots.
IMG_0538

7/24/2020: Looking healthy & new cola are stretching. Yes, duck tape since LST training the stem split.
IMG_0028

7/29/2020: Finalize trimming & lollipop plants for Flowering Stage. Switching to 12/12 Light schedule.
IMG_0067

8/6/2020: ADDED NEW EQUIPMENT: AC INFINITY CLOUDLINE T8 FAN.
61845160744__6A4AD761-2298-4089-9982-C4D8601FA9D6

8/11/2020: Here’s how the plant recovered after duck taped for 3 weeks.
IMG_0216

Main Stem: Plant was in Veg for nearly 3 months and my first plant from seed. Looking sturdy and strong.
IMG_0217

8/10/2020: For test growth run on transplants, since my propagation tent was getting too crowded. I didn’t transplant them out of the 3.5’’ square pots (should I have transplanted them into 5.5’’ square pots? or bigger?)
IMG_0199
IMG_0198

8/22/2020: Mystery Seed Plant starting to take off!
IMG_0322

Test Run & Grow: from clones and no training at all only trimming fan leaves. coming to think about it, I should of transplanted them into bigger pots… learn from this one and make my next grow better.
IMG_0279

IMG_0324

IMG_0331

IMG_0326

IMG_0329

IMG_0284

8/26/2020: Flowers & buds are showing!
IMG_0369

IMG_0370

IMG_0371

CALIFORNIA LIGHTWORKS Sola

IMG_0383

IMG_0384

I will continue to write and post new updates on this journal.

wohoo!!~ stay safe, happy & high~!

Jtobidon
IMG_0397

8 Likes

@jtobidon, welcome to GN and a great start to your journey on here. Amazing journal, loved the pictures and you grew this from bagseed!! Wonderful. I think you should pat yourself on the back and gift yourself with some good seeds. You doing a great job and your journal is fantastic. I like the artistry in your last image, very cool.

2 Likes

Welcome @jtobidon. Looks like you have a pretty good understanding of this magical plant we all strive to grow. Keep up the good work

1 Like

Thank you @chrisj & @happyhippy for the welcome! I am still learning and hoping to have a successful first time harvest & better understand my grow.

1 Like

9/4/2020 Update:

Currently going onto week 5 of flowering 12/12. Some buds are fattening up but some aren’t progressing much. Was wondering if I can get some help regarding fan leaves turning color and some are dying. I’m currently using General Organics and following half of recommended dilution. Are they under nutrients or possibly over? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all in advance!

Garden related:
My pomogranate tree needed to be trimmed and harvested.
Easy Part

…Yeah I’ve got a long way to go

Juicing all that took less than 5 mins HAHA

Stay safe & healthy all!

5 Likes

9/15 Update: Going onto week 6 flowering & Sous Vide marijuan infused coconut oil canna caps.

Going onto week 6 flowering, not sure why leaves are turning and dying, i’ve been off nutrient feed for a week and only watering. Yeah, I live in Socal & i don’t PH my water, I use a pressure pump to water so nutes are incorporated in h20.

Since this was the first grow, and I didn’t have any larger pots to transplant and wanted to just give it a test run since I had many clone clippings propagating. For sure for the next grow, I NEED TO TRANSPLANT THEM into much Larger pots. However, not much yield but the flowering looks nice. I am surprise I’ve gone this far actually…

Need help on advise what’s going on with my plant… thanks in advance!

On another note…

I’ve did some search on GN and came across post by @Ladithief Ladithef CannaButter! awesome post btw! I’ve worked in the food industry for 15+years ranging from marketing sales, product management & 8 years BOH in fine dining. Sou vide has been something i’ve always wanted to try in conjunction with marijuana consumption.

Here is a journal log of my 1st Trial at making canna caps.

First, I grind up 10grams weed & then used a food saver to airtight vacuumed sealed.

Set my Joel sou vide to 203F for 90 mins to decarb .

Incorporated coconut oil & decarb 10g weed into mason jar and finger tight seal and immerse into waterbath.

Removed after two hours to see the infusion.

Strained through cheesecloth or canning cloth and I used my orange juicer to squeeze out any excess oil remaining inside.

Dark green marijuana infused coconut oil

Hand syringed into size “0” capsules and made 6 first to test out dosage and potency.

3 Likes

I do 1oz prime bud to 500mg/ml hemp seed oil or coconut oil… coconut oil can be hard on the guts though… and be sure to use lecithin in your mix…

2 Likes

I’m currently adding 18g more, making it 1oz to this recipe & infusing the oil for another 4 hours, my wife used to take lecithin supplements during times when she was nursing our boys, just curious how does lecithin affect the oil infusion?

1 Like

It aids in the emulsification to keep it suspended and adds to driving it through the stomach lining…in edibles…

2 Likes

@Ladithief Interesting! always learning something new here on GN! Thank you! Some of your posts and grows are amazing, I’ve definitely learned a lot from you and many of the members on here. Any tips or suggestions to helping me improve my grow would be greatly appreciated!

This is my veg tent

Would I be able to start training these and hopefully once the flower tent is done harvesting, i’ll be able to clean and move these in for veg

Got the new batch decarb & back into oil infusion for another 4 hours, I set the temp to 203F this time.

I will start off with half jar filled & see how these feels :slight_smile:

Stay Safe & Healthy~!

1 Like

@jtobidon
@Ladithief

You two are on a whole nother level. You guys are super awesome!!!
We need more rso and cannaoils here. Its mass produced and garbage unless you have a friend who’s on point like you two…

3 Likes

@PreyBird1 why did the leaves turn pink?

2 Likes

All cannabis will have colors. Once its ripe the leaves will also be eaten by the plant. But at certain temperatures the plant changes tonits final colors as it finishes flowering. Some people harvest to soon. Leaf coloring is a good sighn the plant is truly finished ir ready to harvest. The more grows you complete you will see this more. And some plants its the genetics.

4 Likes

Thank you @Slym3r! I’m also learning as I’m going haha. This is my first trial test Sou vide decarb & infusion and honestly it was fully smell proof during the whole processing (grinding, transferring/sealing/removing into jar was probably the only time you get a whip of herbs, other than that after the coconut oil infusion, I strained through cheesecloth and squeezed thru my orange hand juicer, literally it smelled great!) Next time I will adjust and make new adjustment for a second trial test. I’m open to suggestions and questions or to just have a great chat!

1 Like

Sorry to ask directly @PreyBird1, so with my plants leaves turning color, does that mean I can harvest or near harvest time? I’ve notice some white hairs still on flowers but some have turned amber. I’ve came across several forums you mentioned ozone generator, I was wondering what would you recommend? Thank you in advance! any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

@jtobidon

1. Question about harvesting. No hairs being done does not indicate ripeness. You need to look at the trichromes with a digital microscope $26 amazon. Or a jewlers eye and look at the glittery crystals for those to have milky or semi amber or full amber colors.

For ozone gens now dont freak out these ARE EXPENSIVE AND COMMERCIAL GRADE.

https://www.bghydro.com/big-blue-ozone-generator-6.html
Read my review!

2 Likes

The purple and black strains are my favourite after the cold and a good frost hit them… they are amazingly purple or black… the orange strains are beautiful but not my favourite to ingest…

2 Likes

@PreyBird1 I will try and upload photos later today, thank you on the ozone recommendation I will definitely look into this and this chart will help a lot!

UPDATE 9/19/2020

2 Likes