Just Curious , Can Extraction Methods Remove Certain Tastes?

@Caregivers @DispensaryOwners @DispensaryEmployees
I’ve received various opinions regarding products containing garlic oils.
When spraying cannabis with a garlic oil containing product close to harvest, they can leave a garlic taste if smoked. Is that your experience?

In addition will that garlic taste be removed if an extraction method ,such as a rosin, is made from that cannabis with the garlic oil that was applied to it?

3 Likes

In my experience, what you smell in that bag is what your final product is going to smell like or taste like so if you’re using garlic I’m assuming it’s going to taste like garlic. If you’re making rosin going to taste just like it smells. I had a batch taste like rubber no idea why never get the taste off of it no matter if I reworked it or not

3 Likes

@healingsolutionsdeli
Welcome to the forum and community! Thanks for your reply and for the correction, resin should be rosin !!

3 Likes

Yeah I wasn’t trying to correct you but I hear that all the time everybody says resin once in awhile… I wish you the best I hope you get the answers you’re looking for you do I hope there’s a way we can get some flavors out of stuff excuse me smells or tastes LOL have a good day

3 Likes

I’ve always taken that rubber smell to be Sulphur.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

Hope all going well your end and things are blooming nicely.

Thought I would touch base with you and see if you would be interested in my range of seeds.

I run https://www.sensibleseeds.com/ which has most of the established seed banks, though I have been active in the cannabis industry for over 25 years and have built up a large network of breeders , so can pretty much source any strain to suit your needs; access to over 6000 plus strains covering all your requirements - THC, CBD, Autoflower, CBD Hemp ( Farm Bill compliant ), Landrace etc.

We ship worldwide and our packaging is very discreet and stealthy.

Fellow GN members will be given a 10% discount on all orders and large / Bulk orders will get a better discount and extra free seeds as well.

If interested please drop me a message and I will do my best to advise and happy to jump on the phone for a chat if easier.

Cheers

Paul

1 Like

So if they used sulfur and did no wash it off your saying that might bee the cause for the rubber taste?

4 Likes

Of course you lose Cannabinoids and Terpenes. Not all extraction is equal. For example Hydrocarbon via propane does not burn off terpenes like Ethanol and other Hydrocarbon Systems.
Extraction is a huge process. Do as much homework 1st.
Kyle M

3 Likes