Just introducing myself

Been growing for about eight years now.
Retired a little over nine years now. Work heavily construction. Needless to say it took a toll on my body. I went to the doctor and found out that I had three pinched nerves in my neck. He gave me a prescription for some pain pills. I took one I got so messed up. I relies that the drug companies finally found a way to put heroin into a pill. I new I could not take these. You see I am a recovering alcoholic. Plus I am also grew up in the late sixties and seventies. Smoke a lot and did other drugs. Started researching what I could do. Finally I decided to try something different.
Had a cousin who smoked he gave me some to try. Second joint I smoke I started to smile and the music sounded so much better. The pain started to ease. I also suffer from PTSD. Needless to say it costs so much in SC. That I started to grow my own. Been about nine years now. I just grow for my wife and I. When we first started to smoke my wife wade about two hundred pounds. The doctor told her she needed knee surgery on both knees. Needless to say she only about one hundred and thirty pounds now. Runs around now like nothing wrong. Never had the surgery.

6 Likes

Welcome to this wonderful place that is GN. As a noob to networking, I found out real fast that this is the place to be if you enjoy anything cannabis. Plenty of knowledgeable people who are happy to help when asked nicely.
So pull up a chair, roll a big fat one and enjoy the ride!

3 Likes

Welcome! I’m new to growing, pro at consuming lol I’m looking to start growing within the next few weeks with some Bubba’s Musk seeds my friend gave me.

Any tips for starting from seed/scratch?

5 Likes

The best tip I could give you is : Ask the growers here before buying your first light. Plenty of hype and lies in that marketplace.
If I were you, I would start a thread and ask from there. That way it will be easier for you to track all the answers you’ll get.
Good luck and don’t forget to enjoy yourself!

2 Likes

@davidw44 hi :wave:.

Welcome to the forum

Cheers

Packee

3 Likes

I have a 1000W Raptor hood and a decent ballast/bulb situation all in a room that I’ve outfitted with proper ventilation, temp control, and humidity. I haven’t done anything in the room yet, but I am super excited about starting up. Kinda just looking for advice on starting from seeds. I’ve always helped other growers but never done anything myself and when I worked with the other folks, it was usually with clones.

This community is amazing, thank you for all of the advice so far!!!

4 Likes

I start my seeds in solo’s/shot glass solo containers until I get a tap root ~24-48 hrs then I move them to my media; living soil

Others use moist warm paper towel :roll_of_toilet_paper:

There’s a few diff ways

Packee

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @davidw44@fearthefish you will find a 100 ways to skin a cat… pick the one that suits you and your personal style and then evolve from there… if you think on all the answers you get for your questions it can get over whelming…and if 20 people say the same-thing you can believe me it’s a valid method…

4 Likes

Solid advice! Thanks! I’m just excited to start again.

1 Like

@davidw44 Welcome to the community!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, happy to have you here, and I can’t wait to see some future grows!!

1 Like

Welcome brother…

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum! This is a great place with lots of great people.

1 Like