Just made some cannabutter!

So good!! 2ozs of trim/ shake! 1.5 lbs of butter, 2 cups of water. Then low and slow for 6 hours, don’t go above 180°

3 Likes

Hey,I like that you cooked it for so long comfortably. But I really want to know who did you strain the buds after you cooked it ?

1 Like

I use a cup or bowl, and I strain it thru a cheesecloth! Wrap the cheesecloth around bowl/cup and keep it down with a rubberband around the rim and just pour in. I very very lightly squeeze the remaining contents until it stops dripping. Let it set over night in the fridge and the remaining water will sink to the bottom leaving your butter on top

1 Like

Make sure to use clarified butter. And add lecithin to help bond it

2 Likes

I just made about 10 sticks of butter And a few cups of infused coconut oil yesterday. I used to use cheese cloth also. I switched to the filter bags. Like the magic butter company sells. They are like little Mini-bubble bags. hahahaha
I do triple filter so theres No contaminates or plant material in my butter. Super smooth and very tasty. I also use sun flower lecithin too. It helps bind and to increase potency. Love it!!!
I need a bigger and better dish for decarbing tho. It takes me for ever to get thru all the material. Im prepping to do a co2 blast later today with the rest of my trim.

1 Like