Just starting flower stage straight organic second grow and first veg

@happilyretired
It’s a closet probably about 7’x5’x2’ simple closet grow set up I just don’t want the pgrs in my weed I mean it makes them bigger buds and all but the taste is uggghhhhhh

1 Like

I don’t know what PGRs is.

3 Likes

If I’m not mistaken it’s a chemical that’s used to make buds fatter thicker and more dence…

1 Like

I’ve never heard of it. Don’t overthink it.it’s weed

4 Likes

@happilyretired
Yea I won’t over think it lolol but I did read about it I just don’t like the taste of the flower that has it in it…
Most of the time when I go grab some flower it’s mostly hybrids and I always find seeds and keep them in NY u don’t find a lot of seeds anymore…I think I have another 6-7 weeks of flower can’t wait …

1 Like

I run grows in a closet, perfect for two 4x2x2 tents, one for vegging and one for flowering. One AC infinity fan for both. Cycled for plants yielding 4-6 oz per plant in 3 gallon bags.

Happy growing!!

3 Likes

Like I said I never heard of that stuff. Can you get me a couple of links to actual articles or scientific data stating what the stuff is and what products it’s in? I would think that someone on one of the forums that I follow would’ve said something about this by now. Or is it just something you heard from somebody?

4 Likes

That’s a new one on me too…but then again, thats not unusual…:man_shrugging:

4 Likes

@happilyretired @OltimeGrower
This is what I read up on one day cause I grabbed some real dense bud and was curious as to how they get so hard and dense because I’m learning as I’m growing still a green horn at this…lolol

Hopefully this helps…

2 Likes

Thank you!! A first for me and interesting reading.

2 Likes

I read up quite a bit on it too and I pulled these two paragraphs out of all the data I read. Very interesting points in both paragraphs.

4 Likes

@happilyretired @happyhippy
Idk howni found it but as soon as I seen it I read it… that’s why I love all my organic flower no need for any additive using used coffee grounds and washed eggshells…works amazing…you guys will see how big these girls get at the end I’m deff going to keep it up with the pictures and posts…and you guys are welcome for that info any time I can help it’s my pleasure for my fellow farmers…

2 Likes

Lol so as I fed them I trimmed and they dropped!! I guess they was mad at me lmfao check them out now reaching for the lights…lol

3 Likes

Getting bigger by the day I’m so happy like a kid with a new toy lmfao

3 Likes

Baby baby is growing great no yellow no brown I’m pumped soon gonna have to too baby girl she almost has 4 nodes 5 nodes lol can’t wait to do that lolol and I left the baby baby on flower hours lolol… big girl looks amazing from underneath nice poppin buds had to use my flash they look so good tempting lmfao…cant wait to Harvest another 9-10 weeks…these buds are gonna pop man…

3 Likes

@happilyretired , @OltimeGrower …just some info for you on PGR’s…

In the US all PGR’s are regulated by the EPA. You have probably used PGR’s if you ever use any of the rooting hormones…they usually contain Indole actic acid or Indole butyric acid. You have been eating fruit treated with PGR’s for years! Ever eat grapes? Many of the table grape varieties are treated with gibberilic acid to elongate the berry. Eat bananas? Bananas are shipped green. When the boats near port they gas the cargo holds with ethyene gas (a PGR) same is used to hasten the ripening of walnuts for early harvest…You are familiar with putting a ripe banana in a fruit bowl with green fruit to hasten ripening?? Yup your using natural ethylene gas produced by the banana to hasten green fruit ripening.

Tissue culture is DEPENDENT on multiple PGR’s to differentiate developing tissues.
Do you use seaweed extract? Again you are benefitting from the auxins (natural PGR’s) therein contained…

I do know there have been shut downs and confiscations of cannabis grown in Canada for the illegal use of PGR’s.

If you are REALLY concerned about the quality of your weed, support legalization and the mandatory lab testing, chain of custody required…yet people continue to support the black market product coming in from south of the border…Yeah, I’m sure those sources are very concerned about your health and wouldn’t do anything to compromise their product!!

Most of these hit pieces on PGR’s have an agenda and rely on public ignorance to spread the panic…

PGR’s have made all our lives better… At least in the US you can be assured the heavy hammer (huge fines) levied by the EPA are going to keep crop inputs legal FWIW

8 Likes

@TheMadFlascher … thank you…
That’s pretty much exactly what I thought. I just flip through One article from a seed company didn’t look any further. I figured somebody would swing by and address this. @mrnmrsleon is who is most concerned about his growing media and using fertilizer having that stuff in it. Thanks again for the help. :+1:t3:

7 Likes

Looks so tempting lmfao!!!

4 Likes

Thank you sir!! Great stuff and very interesting. Alot to take under consideration. My main goal is to produce high end product, not alot of it…just insane primo. This is certainly something I’ll look into… cautiously, informed and slowly.

Have a great weekend!!..:fist::fist:

5 Likes

So today was my cloning day lolol I took 2 small branches off the bottom and cut the stems on an angle and dipped them in fresh aloe as I read as a organic root maker so giving it a shot…here check them out…

2 Likes