Kevorkian, Bo Jackson

New here nice to meet everyone. I h came across both of the these strains probably around 2010-2012 . I’ve been searching ever since with no luck,has anyone else ran into either of these?

2 Likes

Ohhh, Hi @shep710 , welcome to GN. Interesting genetics, it seems Kevorkian is fairly easy to find through a simple google search and also seems like quite a popular strain known as Jack Kevorkian.

Where it get interesting is there is not much info on your Bo Jackson strain, except to a top Dutch grow forum.

“oh, i just assumed you guys read the grow journal, it was all in there. im going from memory so i may make a minor mistake about the lineage, it was bred by a grower named gangster at guerillaman forums, but guerillaman went down. he sent me some beans of it and i sent him some lover girl. lets see. i believe the mother was a strain called “maple blunderberry”, which was an accidental cross of maple leaf indica and DJ shorts blueberry, the original one i believe. the father was a strain called “Bo Jackson”, which was a ECSD crossed to a maple leaf indica, i believe the maple was the dad. gangster had ECSD clone only i believe. so the BKB stands for “Bo Knows Blunder”.” Source

4 Likes

Very interesting my roomate grew a bag seed of bo jackson back around 2010ish and he cloned and passed it around the lansing michigan area. I would love to find it again one of my favorite strains of all time. I remember reading somewhere it was a cross of chemdawg #3 and chemdawg #4 so 34 being bo jacksons number on his jersey is where it got its name. However dj’s blueberry with maple leaf indica is very possible as it was the perfect mix of fruity/hash/garlic/skunk funk. Also the structure of the cross ( only what i can assume) would match. However, i assume at this point it is only a mystery at least for us considering it was a bagseed afterall.

4 Likes

I read the post again sorry… so ECSD with maple leaf indica actually makes alot more sense very very similar structure of sour d i actually grew some diesel in the same room as my roomate with the bo. However chemdawg and diesel are closely related so it still remains a mystery to me atleast

4 Likes

Welcome @robertfink nice input!

2 Likes

Welcome to GN. @robertfink :v:

2 Likes