Key Grow Solutions Nutrients

Hello Growers Network @mastergrowers, @growopowners and @GrowOpEmployees!

Joel from Key Grow Solutions here. We have a new line of cannabis nutrients hitting the market and we are looking to work with growers for comparative testing. We can provide product as well as pay for lab testing to document the results of our system compared to your current feeding system.

Our tests so far have fortunately exceeded even our own expectations and we have a very good idea of what the results are, but we need to document these results as data. I would like people to see and experience for themselves rather than just be another voice making fantastic claims.

We do use the cleanest and most available forms of materials such as phosphorous and potassium currently known in agricultural science. Our entire feeding schedule has 0.02 ppm of toxic heavy metals if run per our recommended chart. We will also be offering this system at one of the most competitive prices in the cannabis-specific nutrient market. We can do this because we have been in the liquid fertilizer business for over 70 years, literally longer than any other company.

We have managed to fit the entire feeding schedule from beginning to end into an easy to use four-part system. The four parts are as follows:

White Royal is our vegetative stage base nutrient. Containing three forms of nitrogen (ammonia, urea, and nitrate), we can utilize both positively and negatively charged ions, creating multiple absorption rates and mobility profiles. Our unique polyamine orthophosphate technology helps protect phosphorous molecules against adverse interaction with metals (calcium, iron, aluminum, etc.) and bicarbonates, feeding clean phosphorous directly into the roots in the only form that is digestible to your plant. Acetate, a natural plant metabolite that also forms a symbiotic relationship between the plant roots and soil microbes / mycorrhizal fungi, serves as the carrier for our potassium. Potassium acetate is more soluble and rapidly available to your plant than other forms of potassium. Acetate has also been known to increase signaling compounds, such as flavonoids and terpenes. Rounding out this formulation is sulfur, an important secondary nutrient during chlorophyll production, and five strains of bacillus grown and produced under pure culture fermentation (a.k.a. plant growth promoting rhizobacteria), which help regulate root zone activity such as pH and nutrient efficiency.

Red Royal , our bloom base, gives a major potassium acetate boost to optimize flowering productivity, maintain the symbiotic relationship between the roots and soil microbes / mycorrhizal fungi, and promote terpene production. Some nitrogen is provided in the urea form, which works with Red Royal’s 17 l-amino acids as protein building blocks. Rounding out this formulation is potassium silicate to provide silicon in a form that can be used hydroponically, kelp extract, fulvic acid, and five strains of bacillus (plant growth promoting rhizobacteria) grown under pure culture fermentation, which help regulate root zone activity such as pH and nutrient efficiency.

Blue Butterfly is our NPK and micronutrient product that is designed to work with our base nutrients for the majority of both the vegetative and flowering stages. This full pack of micronutrients includes boron, cobalt, copper, iron, manganese, molybdenum, and zinc in ratios that are customized to complement our highly available NPK technologies. Rounding out this formulation are 17 l-amino acids and a natural plant-derived glucose, which act as protein building blocks.

Purple Cat provides our calcium and magnesium in ratios that are customized to complement our highly available NPK and micronutrient technologies. The calcium and magnesium are both provided in nitrate form and therefore readily available for plant absorption. Purple Cat also contains a small amount of nitrogen.

Please do contact me if you have any questions about our systems, materials, philosophy, focus on carbon footprint and sustainability, etc. Let me know if you have any interest in running a comparison, I would love to collaborate with members of the Network!

Please see below for derivation statements:

White Royal:
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:
TOTAL NITROGEN (N) … 4%
AVAILABLE PHOSPHATE (P2O5) … 10%
SOLUBLE POTASH (K20) … 5%
SULFUR (S) … 1%
Derived from: aqua ammonia, urea, phosphoric acid, potassium nitrate, potassium sulfate, and potassium acetate.

ALSO CONTAINS NON-PLANT FOOD INGREDIENTS:
Bacillus subtilis: 6x106 cfu/ml
Bacillus methylotrophicus: 6x106 cfu/ml
Bacillus amyloliquefaciens: 6x106 cfu/ml
Bacillus megaterium: 6x106 cfu/ml
Bacillus licheniformis: 6x104 cfu/ml
cfu/ml = colony forming units/milliliter

Red Royal:
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:
TOTAL NITROGEN (N) … 2%
SOLUBLE POTASH (K20) … 7%
Derived from: urea, potassium acetate, potassium nitrate, potassium silicate, and soy protein hydrolysate.

ALSO CONTAINS NON-PLANT FOOD INGREDIENTS:
Bacillus subtilis: 6x106 cfu/ml
Bacillus methylotrophicus: 6x106 cfu/ml
Bacillus amyloliquefaciens: 6x106 cfu/ml
Bacillus megaterium: 6x106 cfu/ml
Bacillus licheniformis: 6x104 cfu/ml
cfu/ml = colony forming units/milliliter
0.35% Silicon (SiO2)
0.35% Kelp Extract
99.3% Inerts

Blue Butterfly:
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:
TOTAL NITROGEN (N) … 6%
AVAILABLE PHOSPHATE (P205) … 4%
SOLUBLE POTASH (K20) …5%
BORON (B) … 0.075%
COBALT (Co) … 0.001%
COPPER (Cu) … 0.15%
IRON (Fe) … 0.2%
MANGANESE (Mn) … 0.75%
MOLYBDENUM (Mo) …0.001%
ZINC (Zn) 0.75%
Derived from: urea, ammonium polyphosphate, phosphoric acid, potassium hydroxide, potassium acetate, sodium borate, copper EDTA, manganese EDTA, zinc EDTA, cobalt sulfate, sodium molybdate, iron EDTA, and soy protein hydrolysate.

Purple Cat:
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:
TOTAL NITROGEN (N) … 3%
CALCIUM (Ca) … 3%
MAGNESIUM (Mg) … 0.6%
Derived from: calcium nitrate, magnesium nitrate, ammonia, phosphoric acid, and urea.

5 Likes

Curious as to Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, Mn, Zn, Cu, B, and Mo source and levels to round this out. Also, not trying to be a smart ass, but how does one quantify “best” in relation all the other products on the market?

3 Likes

How is opinion based, nothing about the word is fact. Not beimg rude either. Just clearing up something.

3 Likes

I apologize for the previous wording and the length of time that it has taken to actually update this post with the correct and relevant information. This should explain a lot more about the secondary, micronutrients, and amendments now.

I do not personally quantify things as “best” because it depends on your philosophy and goals when it comes to cannabis, but I do know that a lot of people stand to benefit from what we are doing.

Though I am partial obviously, I will say that it is my belief that we have the highest quality materials in the easiest to use program and will increase the profit margin and craft quality for many growers that use it.

3 Likes

That’s not rude and I agree with your statement, I elaborate further in my post to Ron here. I had some “help” putting up a placeholder post for me and it took me much longer to get back to amending it properly than I had originally expected.

Check out the updated post though, hopefully you will find what we are doing interesting!

3 Likes