KiefChief's Intro Journal

What’s up Growers?! I’m new to this forum, put on by the YT Channel, but I have been fairly active on other boards such as GC.

I am posting this journal for two reasons. First being obvious, second being my kind of intro! Two birds, one stone. I am a hobbyist grower in MI. I have been working in the industry for about two years now, beginning at a large cultivation facility, and working as a budtender since. I have one grow under my belt with sub-par results IMHO. However, this second grow is going much more nicely.

I am running 4x4 Tent with a 2000w KingLED pulling a little over 300 at the wall. I am also using a smaller Phlizon 800w led for supplemental exposure. I am in 5 gallon fabric pots, planted in FoxFarm Ocean Forest soil. Strain is Honey Cream by RQS. Running the General Organics GO box line.

At about week 6 of flower at this point so I will just post the pictures from the start! Thanks for taking the time to read through my madness, and I hope to fit right into the community here at growersnetwork!

WIN_20200612_22_14_46_Pro WIN_20200612_22_14_29_Pro WIN_20200612_22_14_08_Pro

Lemme know what you guys think for a second ever personal grow!

5 Likes

Wow, nice intro. Welcome to GN @kiefchief . Damn fine growing, for a 2nd or even 10 th grow. Nice pictures, cola’s, happy plants. How many more weeks are you going to let them flower for?

3 Likes

So I had one that was a little witchy, and apparently got less water than the rest once. She’s a little behind the other three. However, she’s got the best node spacing and top colas, I believe her growth time may be due to pheno. The three that are pretty ripe are getting flushed currently, and I am hoping to bring down beginning of next week. At about 2-3% amber right now, so a good flush and they should be ready. Honey cream, a.k.a. cream caramel is supposed to finish around week 7-8 so they’re on the early side.

I appreciate the compliment @chrisj ! I am extremely passionate about the plant, and have spent the past two years that I could legally possess (under 21 so I had to have a med card,) trying to get a grip on it so I can make my own way in the industry. I am currently 22 and am pouring my heart and wallet into this “hobby” haha. I appreciate the family I have around me supporting my efforts to improve and invest in myself. I have spent countless hours on other boards just reading through tutorials, and teks, and learning from others mistakes before hopping in, and even then it doesn’t prepare you for that first grow. I’ve realized I will always have that “Oh but if i did it this way…” mentality during this adventure, and have come to see it as part of the fun!

4 Likes

Ah very nice story and sounds like you have all the energy and passion to make a success of it. Sounds like you have it all under control and going to reap a great harvest. No board will prepare you for your first grow or even your 10 th grow. Its a learning curve of obstacles that you need to find solutions to. There is always a challenge but always a sweet reward at the end, and in your case some homegrown honey cream dank.

3 Likes

Where about in MI @kiefchief… I am Canadian but hung out with growers in the Battle Creek /Nashville MI area… welcome to the forum and nice start to a journal…

1 Like

Hey I read ur mssg first grow I’m about to do my first grow in a tent with 2000 watt light and carbon filter for smell and was wondering if I could get an email from u so we can email back and forth in regards growing was hoping I could learn with you and be able to ask questions from you if possible my email is andrei.markine@icloud.com please email me and I’d be happy to start my first grow with u seince h just started also :slight_smile: