Knowing When to Harvest

Super newb is back. Getting a little nervous as my babies get older I realize that I am getting a bit nervous. The learning curve is a bit like a roller coaster. I just wanted to post a couple of pics to get some thoughts on my ongoing progress. I know I can not keep them in flower forever.

5 Likes

@snorman1123 looking great. Not quite done yet imo. But those are some very nice buds

Cheers

Packee

3 Likes

Still a few weeks to go, you want to start looking at fattening your buds up. Not to sure what soil or nutrients you are using, but it is never too late for a blooming fertilizer that will help the plants focus on your flowers and give them all the carbs they require. But they are looking great, dont worry to much, your plants might feel that anxiety. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Suggestions on the Bloom fertilizer? I am using kool bloom currently. I have king kola that a rep gave me as a sample but apprehensive about “mixing”. I try to bring them good energy every time, I completely agree, no anxiety m. Thank you for the feedback

3 Likes

You look like you already sorted. King Kola looks like a top product, check instructions, mix less if it makes you feel better. Thats what I do, less is more and if the plant reacts well add more. Dont worry too much about mixing, just do it. Keep posting updates here and I am sure loads of people will help you through this process right up to where you consume it.

4 Likes

Gotcha! Thanks again

3 Likes

You need a little digital microscope to look at the trichromes. This is a big help on when there ready to go. Also i like the hairs to be about 75-80% fully red.

This microscope works on android. Amazon 20$

3 Likes

Why dont you try some free samples! I would recomend the root surge! Amazing stuff

I just got these yesterday! You can have 2 liquids and 1 dry. Or 3 dry amendments.
https://aurorainnovations.com/8ozsampleform.php

2 Likes

Are these better than the jewelers loupes ??

2 Likes

They still have a ways girl! :call_me_hand: What stain are you growing?.. As I’ve recently realized the plant will tell you when she’s ready to harvest… I’m growing chemdog #4 and she’s a very slow flowerer… 10 weeks probably mines in week 5

1 Like

Looking good too :seedling::herb::palm_tree::evergreen_tree::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Well yes then you can look at them on your phone or post them here. But i like to take several pics over different buds and compare trichromes. Its much easier than trying to remember the trichs from one bud to the next. Check it out and decide for yourself. Here are me trichromes.

2019-09-22_12-25-47-53 2019-09-22_12-25-15-06

3 Likes

Shortbread by DJ Short. Lambsbread x Sour Diesel x Blueberry (f4)

2 Likes

Think I’ll scoop one of those up.

2 Likes

You should pick up a loupe or a digital microscope, they make ones that plug into your phone now. Then look at the trichomes under magnification, you want to wait till roughly 30% are amber.