Kush not fading

Sorry I can’t post picks but my question is Is it possible for plants to flower and trichomes to change color but the plant stays green and the leaves don’t fade or change color? Thanks guys :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awes now I wanna see !?!?!?!?!

3 Likes

I’m with Slym3r, I want to see too! Lol!

2 Likes

To my knowledge yes, but don’t trust my knowledge :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: here goes anyways…the anthocyanins are the “family” of molecules that give leaves their pigmentation [during flower]. The color from the anthocyanins are pH dependent (pH is temperature dependent so that plays a factor) from what I’ve read, so if your grow maintains steady solution/soil pH and temps keeping your lady in the “zone” you’re not influencing the anthos to change color…you’ll keep the perty green we see from the chlorophyll. That’s where some growers bring in pH or temp drops during the final weeks of flower to coax those colors out (really it’s changing the shape - aka “configuration” - of the anthocyanin molecules that causes them to absorb/emit at different wavelengths).

4 Likes

Yes, it’s usually because the grower keeps feeding the plant past the 6th week of flower, and there’s still lots of nutes in the plant. Fading comes from when the plant has no more nutes left in the medium, so to survive, it pulls the energy and nutes from the leaves to give to the flower as an attempt to reproduce before it dies.
This is why people flush, or really know their soil in an organic grow.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s absolutely possible @truthhound. I’ve seen it happen myself with my own plants. The trichomes will continue to rippen, even if your plants leaves don’t change.
:v:

3 Likes