Last feeding coming up

I have an Amnesia Haze that is scheduled for her last feeding then flush according to her trichomes. I am using AN Connoisseur blend. I was thinking instead of the nutes I could start the flush with compost tea. I’ve been using it throughout the grow with great success. I did a foliar spray and this was the first grow I did not have aphids. Let me know any positives or negatives anyone knows about. I have my own sifted and cured compost. My tea recipe is 2c compost, half cup worm castings, kelp meal, fish emulsion and molasses in a nylon stocking. I hang it in a 5 gallon bucket of rainwater with 4 open tubes from my pump on the bottom for 24 to 36 hours.

5 Likes

Ah…the whole purpose of a flush is to let the plant use up and purge all the nutrients in the pot. A tea is just another way of giving nutrients. Flush= 0 nutes, not tea, not from the bottle. Instead use a strong blend of inocculant and Ph’ed water. And you should Flush for around a week before you chop. Personally I don’t really see any validity in the process, think about it. Nature doesn’t do away with nutrhents to the plant, the plant simple ends it’s life and dies. I have read studies, blind tests where people partaked of flushed and not flushed buds and couldn’t tell the difference. NOW I will tell you that using a blend of organic additives and or a completely organic grow make em’ taste a LOT better. And I guess if you grew all chemical start to finish it may help on the harshness, but truthfully I used AN for years, and did it both ways and couldn’t tell the difference. I still have a hundred bottles of AN nutes sitting around in all the various products. AN also makes a flush. But really all you need is a bag of Recharge and RO ph’ed water.

Marty

5 Likes

My thinking was organic nutes like tea would be better than for the last feed and possibly help wash out some of the salts, = better taste.

2 Likes

Again Flush = zero nutes of any kind.

Marty

3 Likes

It certainly wouldn’t hurt for your last feeding before you flush to be a tea. Go for it. :+1:t3:

2 Likes