Launching a brand

Hello I’m new to this and I am interested in having my own cannabis brand. But I do not know where to start. Can I get some advice?

1 Like

What kind of brand? Try being more specific. Do you want to breed your own strains or something?
With no experience that isn’t this best path. You should start by growing and learning or a few years. You dont just start a brand with no experience.
Do you have licensing? Do you have equipment? Money? Etc?

Can you give us more info?

1 Like

Important Questions

1 Like
  1. If you decided to go with your own brand on the market you will need to work on your package design , the final package will need to be in compliance with the Californian packaging and labeling requirements :
  1. As a Cultivator you have right to work on the packaging by yourself , that includes designing the package , label it and pack the desired quantity you want . Now there is a issue with the Track and Trace system , the METRIC doesnt provide enough packaging tags , they are limited based on the size of cultivation , and for sure not enough if you want to pack in small quantities as 3.5g . The label with the lab informations you cant complete without distributor , they will need to put the final lab test label . From these reasons most of the cultivators will work with Distributor together on the branding .

2. Now to be honest the branding may not work as you think , if you do research in local dispensaries you will see that budtenders are suggesting 2 to 3 brands that they are well established on the market and have huge money available for advertisement , so there is huge possibility your product to finish on the shelves behind without nobody notice it . Another thing the profile of average buyer of cannabis products is a person who wants the cheapest thing on the shelves with high amount of THC , the cannabis buyers are not yet on that level to recognize brands , type of cultivation , quality and etc .

3. On top of that you will work on consignment model with the distributor and dispensary , meaning you get your money when they sell it . Lets say a 3.5g the dispensary is selling for 25$ , the dispensary usually takes 15$ from the share ( 1:2 or 1:2,5 from the base price ) , after that you have the distributor share 2-3$ (20-30%) at the end from 25$ you have 7-8$ for the cultivator . Beside of that you need to pay Cultivation and Income tax. If you are not ready to push your expenses for the advertisement on 50-60% of your total production coast , it may not be worth , it may be better to stay with the wholesale method . If you have microbusiness licenses its different story.

3 Likes

All I can say in simple terms of you want to create a brand then come up with a very appealing name and logo then push push push push it… Give people a reason why to buy your brand but if your quality isn’t there it will fail(no offense)… It takes years and countless hours of work to create a top brand it won’t happen overnight but persistence will never fail… Being a great entrepreneur is sometimes a 24 hour job… Good luck with your new venture!!

4 Likes

Hi

I have worked with alot of cannabis companies that are starting out. Its a difficult task, but not impossible. So much to do, so many ideas. I think the first and foremost is to start a business plan, it only needs to be a page. But this is your roadmap to success, it does not need to be cast in stone, it needs to develop and adapt as you create this new path for yourself. I often see people getting swamped with trying to do so much themselves and you need to have a strong team onhand to pull your recipe together. First thing is first, start a plan, put your ideas and goals down.

You are welcome to contact me for further advice. Love helping cannabis brands develop their brands.

#cannabispromoter

4 Likes

I do not to breed them myself. If that would be easier then I can do it myself. I do not have any of that but I do have money. Like I wanted it to be big like you know like Snoop Dogg has Leafs by Snoop, Mike Tyson has his Tyson Ranch, Seth Rogan has Houseplants, Nipsey Hussle came out with Marathon OG; those are few who have their own brand.

1 Like

I do have money but the others no

1 Like

Yes I been working on those two. Thank you.

1 Like

I appreciate you

1 Like

Then I would say your maybe half way there.
With your Brand, what is the idea, growing equipment, nutrients, amendments, seeds ect? Or do your want to use (buying rights etc) other people’s products and brand it as your own product or are you makeing your own products?
I’m really glad you have money and/is willing to start a business and provide jobs.
I’ll help test one day when you want help or advice.

1 Like

I appreciate this stuff

My idea is to have a cannabis brand for example like Snoop Dogg has is brand called Leafs by Snoop. I would like to make my own products but if that’s too complicated then I would see what other options are out there for me.

1 Like

Awesome @accole.
All The Good Vibes Your Way.
Really hope you come right.

1 Like

Thank you, I appreciate it

1 Like