Learning about Delta 8 please help

I’m new to Delta 8? I live in Indiana and nobody really knows anything about it here. All I find on Google search is all basically the same sales pitch that everyone is using but I’d like to learn about how to tell quality Delta 8 distillate oils dabs buy appearance Clarity color? Along with lab work any input would be awesome from anyone thank you very much

2 Likes

Hi @leighd8

We are all new to Delta 8 and a good question. I think the sales pitches are overkill these days, organically grown pesticide free blah blah. COA is what you are looking for, and any good company would share this information with you the buyer. I found a good article below and especially the comments:

Beer-Lambert Law

To break this down quick and dirty, you need to focus on three of the letters. A, C, and L.

A = B * C * L

Where:

• A is the absorbance. You can think about this as a measurement of light blocked.
  • B is a property of the compound using a specific color
  • C is the concentration of the compound
  • L is the path length or total distance light travels through this substance.

Comment by author below
I have heard the appearance of pink or purple distillate is due to the pH.

Generally, “water clear” distillate is made using the use of some acid activated media. The media used works well at “bleaching” the crude or distillate. It works in several different ways, and often a combination of different types of media is used.

Delta 8 THC is made by the use of some acid. Whether you use an acid directly as a reactant or use some acid activated media, the relative acidity/basicity of your THC will be altered.

What I am getting at is that the creation of delta 8 THC is often just an indirect consequence of using techniques to improve the color/clarity of the oil. Originally people were just remediating their otherwise less valuable product and getting delta 8 THC as an unwanted product.

The production of “water clear” Delta 9 THC is possible, but requires some careful chemistry. And to top it off, you must have a balanced pH before you attempt to distill the delta 9 THC. Even in the scientific literature, many cannabinoids are reported as having some color.

Source

4 Likes

I have a magazine that has a very good section on it it’s called Canabis Now extractions if u Wana look it up

5 Likes

Il see if I can take a pic of it and post it

3 Likes

Delta 8 THC is an all-natural grass-based CBD oil made by a medical cannabis patient and business partner. The product is available for purchase online through a distribution network of trusted medical cannabis patients and providers. The oil is extracted from industrial hemp and contains zero percent of any non-psychoactive cannabinoids. It is an all-natural strain of cannabis that provides users with a powerful mental high with a declared or apparent absence of harmful physical effects. The delta 8 thc strain is a hybrid between an Indica and a Sativa.

1 Like