Learning to press my plants

Just started a week ago, some friends with deeper pockets than I helped finance the RosinBomb M-60. My kids in NorCal have a whole Low Temp setup, but, with the crazy arthritis in my hands, they told me using a handled press would not work for me. An area was created to work, my mini canna-lab.

I’ve got a lot to learn, but what has been created is just delicious! All advice welcomed. Arizona people, I’d be happy to share the use of the new machine, as well as samples of all that has been created.

10 Likes

Struck gold!

7 Likes

Wow, would I love to have a dab of that!!

3 Likes

Holy cannoli

3 Likes

@wow_arizona, WOW , what a cool cannalab, was smiling just taking that view in, scrolled down and damn that looks great. Nice buds you have to help you get setup. Keep on rolling.

3 Likes

Thanks @chrisj , my thoughts being that until indoor growing is dialed , the inferior bud produced can be used to learn rosin pressing and just keep the best 10% of flower.

This year, I went outside too soon and all flowered. They were just harvested, along with a couple more later today. Some only had selected branches taken, and the rest are being revegged, empty spots already replanted.

Various stages of drying

My little “lab area”, tent on right is used for drying/controlling humidity in the desert.

3 Likes

This is from the re-veg harvest of the plants harvested in prior posts!

Dry Ice trichome extraction was done yesterday. First pile is 25 & 73µ combined. Second is 120µ and third is 160µ with a yield of right at two ounces each. A gallon and a half of sugar trim and larf bud with four pounds of dry ice was used. Gelato and Blue Dream were the cultivars. Test-pressed some 160µ and sampled on a Terp Pen … delicious!

Next time, I am TRULY putting a fresh drop cloth over the floor and under the table as an additional minimum half ounce was swept from the floor! Every surface had a thick layer.

6 Likes

Next time, I am TRULY putting a fresh drop cloth over the floor and under the table as an additional minimum half ounce was swept from the floor! Every surface had a thick layer.

It really does look dusty everywhere. You could roll and smoke those pants!!

2 Likes

Looks like a bomb went off!

3 Likes