Leaves turning yellow and falling off

I’ve been seeing these beetles sucking on the tips of the leaves. Will this affect the grow? First time we ever grew still learning

3 Likes

Hello @imxxxxx and welcome to o the community This is a support ticket try to fill it out to the best of your abilities. The community will help with any questions you may have.

Grow Journal Check List

Seedbank:
Strain (bagseed too):
Indoor, outdoor:
Tent, Room Size:
Lighting:
Light height:
Temps (day and night):
Relative Humidity (day and night) :
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) :
Ventilation:
Pot sizes:
Soil, Coco, or Dwc:
Nutrient type:
Ph numbers:
Ec and PPM:
Water Temps:
Co2:

Seed germination date:
Veg duration:
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water):

1 Like

And for the beetle it would be helpful to get a very close up pic to help with identification, are there many at a time or just one occasionally?

1 Like

Your plant looks great for your first time! I think the discoloration is just the plant using up the nutes she has during flower which is normal

3 Likes

Thank you for the reply. I will take a pic next time I see one. I’ve only seen one to be honest. I thought Maybe they were doing it overnight

The tip of the leaves that are yellow is very dark. that’s why I thought maybe they were sucking on the leaves from the tips. But I could have just been jumping to conclusions if you are saying it looks like regular thing. My gf and her parents have a green thumb but they’ve never grown weed.
We are in Illinois and it’s all outdoor. They’re in little fiber bags.
I mainly signed up here to find seeds as I just got my medical card

3 Likes

I think you’ll be ok of it’s just the one, it’s common for outdoor plants to have a few bugs here and there. There’s usually enough natural predators to keep things in check outdoors. We usually go by an “economic threshold” for outdoor plants which is fancy for how much insect activity we can tolerate before it starts to effect the finish product. Indoors however one single pest can spread into an infestation rapidly. For seeds I highly recommend https://chitownseeds.com/ the owner @automatik is very well respected on the forum and has a dedicated thread New seed Bank Chitownseeds
If your looking for a breeder and not a bank you should check out @PreyBird1 work he is also very well respected on the forum

6 Likes

Awesome. Thanks for the quick help and I look forward to hanging around here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello and welcome.
You don’t have to worry about the yellow leaves during the flowering period. During this period the plant focuses on the production of buds and lets the leaves die to give energy to the buds.
Happy growing :smiley:

4 Likes

Wonderful. Thanks for your extra reassurance. Exciting times!!

4 Likes

Congrats on your new addiction! You got one almost to the finish line. Your gonna grow so much more! There’s nothing in the world like your own fresh bud!

Then comes the concentrates and the food! So many thing to do with Cannabis! Good luck on your new venture and glad your hanging with us!

There is tons of reference materials here. If you have a question, click that :mag: button in the top right hand side and read away! There are thousands of threads that have tremendous amounts of data. So much to learn and play with. Have fun!

4 Likes

I still wanna see that beetle though… You have good bugs and bad ones. They are not all bad for your grow. Some are beneficial.

2 Likes

We actually have 3 going.

Found a beetle. They’ve been hanging on our morning glory’s too I completely forgot.

3 Likes

Appears to be Japanese beetle possibly.

Good news is it doesn’t look like they are actually eating holes into any of the plant As they are with the morning glory. And I haven’t seen a single one on the weed plants since the first time I saw one.

It looks like he’s having fun so I won’t squash him. lol

4 Likes

Pretty sure your right about the ID I had a few earlier this year, they like to eat leaves so I flicked em off. Haven’t seen them since

3 Likes

Hey guys plants are looking amazing and smelling so strong. We just had a huge storm and we were out of town and not expecting it!! They did very well :slight_smile:

Looking a tad bit yellow not sure if we should be concerned… here’s a pic…

3 Likes

Yep def Japanese beetles. Talked to an older gentleman who has a green thumb down the street and he came over and said everything looks good and those beetles are nothing to worry about. And seems like other bugs have helped eat the aphids off the plants along with lightly dawn dish soaping the leaves.

2 Likes

Couple weeks away. Crystals are still clear. Maybe 2% have browning

4 Likes

Ah it’s fall again… Look at the beautiful colors of fall… Beautiful grow my friend

2 Likes

It definitely is a Japanese Beetle. We have them in Massachusetts too.

1 Like

I will third or forth that… yes, Japanese Beatles. Some years we get so many here in Pa. they eat everything.
Your plants look really good though.
Welcome to the obsession! :v:

2 Likes