Led fixture question

I want to replace my 1000 watt HPS light fixtures with equall in led, would like to plug in new led light fixtures into existing hps 240v plugins. We will double the fixture footprint later but at first we want to just replace.
Can anyone recommend a good LED fixture that can do that? And maybe a ball park price or fixture?

5 Likes

Admin please tag the lighting manufacturers

2 Likes

Anyone can tag lighting manufacturers too! Just hit up @Lighting and maybe @EquipManufacturers

3 Likes

We would love to help! We are swapping out lots of HPS lights with our systems. Drop us a line 1-215-337-3999 eric@growflux.com

5 Likes

You can check out the ILUMINAR Lighting IL8. and if you have any specific questions feel free to give me a call @763-600-4634. Shawn@iluminarlighting.com.

5 Likes

:raised_hands:t4::seedling:@GrowFlux

2 Likes

gavita 1650 E ML
its all you need

4 Likes

Black Dog and Timber Grow lights make excellent lights, as does BIOS and Fluence. Expect to pay at least $1200 to cover a 4x4 area. Black Dog has an LED with UV and IR diodes that is top notch, but runs around $2K.

3 Likes

Check out Illumitex’s HarvestEdge XO for a true one-to-one replace with 1000W DE HPS: https://illumitex.com/harvestedge/

3 Likes

Spectrum King for sure.
I would not use anything else.
K

3 Likes

1200 to 2000 $ for a 4x4 area? The lights would cost more than the realestate and improvements.
Isn’t that more than 800k for a 10k sqft flower room.

2 Likes

Yep, the other downside is that after 5 years of flowering their output will be down at least 5%, and you get to throw all the lights away and buy new ones. Ask any manufacturer about PAR maintenance, if they tell you their lights put out more than 90% PAR output at 10K hours they’re lying. If they don’t have data on it walk away.

3 Likes

I don’t like the narrow bar designs like Illumitex, they put out good PAR directly under the bars, but their light on the outside of the footprint is incredibly low. If you’re going to have bars they need to be spread out enough to put light down over the whole footprint, like Gavita’s LED.

2 Likes

Jim hi, thank you for this open approach. I would be happy to tell you more, not promises but delivery.

We are now soft launching our EVA3 system. It is a breaking through technology when it comes to electrical engineering and much more. User interface software over Dynamic LED light features etc… eyal@florafotonica.com.

3 Likes

Jim,

If you are looking for a premium LED technology which enables a conversion of max 1000 W to minimum 1000 Mm in the desired spectrum (full flexibility - 11 bands) from 1.5 m (no need to change height ) with high uniformity (only 15% reduction in narrow margin)- call/mail me to learn more of the EVA3 ! Flora Fotonica. eyal@florafotonica.com ; +972542316508

3 Likes

@Nate had a comparison between different LED fixtures using light meters on Growershouse.com. Has that been updated?

2 Likes

We love talking about PAR Maintenance. GrowFlux developed Precision PAR® to precisely offset LED degradation over time - we actually gather temperature data from every light in a time series database on our cloud platform and over years our learning algorithm adjusts the setpoints for each LED channel for consistency. This is particularly helpful for multi facility operators who are challenged with making the same thing every time.

On top of this we provide a 90% output, 50,000 hour guarantee on our FluxScale Top Light.

We looked at other approaches from the general lighting industry, which pretty much involve a set algorithm from the factory on day 1 - and ultimately decided we had to combat PAR maintenance with data. Feel free to reach out if you want to learn more

3 Likes

Jim, I represent PowerTrakGrow in the Growers Network. We have the following testimonial that should spark interest. Our LED solutions are all 3rd generation, in testing at several locations and getting great reviews. here’s one from a California:
I received a testimonial yesterday from a 20 year grower in Calexico, CA who is R&D all our light models for a 300k sq/ft facility. He is very, very happy.

He wrote: "For over 20 years I have been a huge supporter of HPS/CMH lights when it came to both flowering/vegetation. Recently I started using LED lights that I got from PowerTrakGrow for R&D to see how I like them. After the first week of using them, I saw amazing results everywhere. Unlike I’ve ever seen before when using the HPS and CMH. I noticed a change in the size of the trunk, along with the color of the leaves. All the plants were perfect with no imperfections. The taproots that I noticed coming out of the rock-wool cubes were larger than normal and the growth rate was incredibly fast. At least 2" a day that I noticed in growth if not more. After using these lights I’m am now fully convinced there’s no other light out there that can perform like the LED lights that I am currently using. I can’t thank PowerTrakGrow enough for giving me the opportunity to try such amazing lights."
Please give me a call/email and I’ll arrange a webinar to give you further details.
TMihalko@frontlinepowersolutions.com
401-524-6551
thomas.mihalko@gmail.com

3 Likes

We can offer you customization on an LED solution. We have the ability to customize our full spectrum LED from 60 to 960 watts and in 3000k or 5000k or mixed 3000k/5000k color temps. We use Meanwell drivers for smaller grows or a built in driver to run commercial facilities. Our LEDs are IP-68 rated…submersible, so when it comes to cleaning them you disconnect one water proof connector and pressure wash them then hang back up and go after drying. 6 year warranty on LED mods and 7 year warranty on the driver.

That being said we also have the top producing CMH technology available. Lower electrical footprint than HPS, cooler than HPS and way BETTER than HPS when it comes to yield and quality. Especially if your processing after harvest. A mixed spectrum of 4000k and 3000k is yielding incredible weights and top shelf flower…unlike anything I have seen in my entire marijuana life! LOL!! Seriously though, I am confident in putting our CMH technology up against any other lighting technology available…all things equal with the exception of lighting we will prevail. I have zero doubt in my mind about that.

Open to any and all questions you may have. Thanks for the great post.

2 Likes

For less than 1k check out the HLG 550:

3000K will crush it for you and keep costs down. I have only run self mounted Quantum boards. I think there may be some assembly required.

The ROI from not buying bulbs and the loss of yield from degraded bulbs will pay for itself quickly. If you aren’t used to running LED, there are a few adjustments to make with your technique but definitely worth it.

2 Likes