LED new hardware vs old

I’ve been growing HPS/MH for years. I recently won brand new in auction ROI E720.

Suppose to hold up against 1000watt HPS.

I’m going to run it up against 1000w for comparison.

Does anyone have experience with this particular light? If so what were the pros and cons in your experience?

Thanks

9 Likes

@ultrapuff get on this brother - you have a 720

5 Likes

Duuuude you won’t be disappointed! Haven’t grown under this particular light but under very similar. These lights go especially great with scrogging for a very even canopy!

6 Likes

The mods could prolly take this post down. As my luck would have it. While moving things around after being extremely careful.

A wooden chair fell and bumped it. :pleading_face::sob::sob:
few LED strips do not work.

Dang well maybe next time.

6 Likes

That light is over $1k. It’s probably worth repairing.

7 Likes

Hit up the company. They might help.

5 Likes

I got it at auction for $179. So it still hurt but def gonna keep it look into repair.

5 Likes

I’ll see what’s up. I got it new from auction so we’ll see if they will.

6 Likes

Damn wish i was there. I used to work with circuit boards. I actually have A full proffesional SMD station. And i used to do micro soldering for fun. I used a loupe and micro tip soldering iron and a few jelping hands holding clips. And anti static work station for building gaming pc’s. Hell if it had wires i could fix them. Probably broke the solder on the Surface mounted led chips. $179 for that light damn lucky. You can Probably call the manufacturer like @Slym3r suggested and see if you can get info on getting the part. Hhmmmm i wonder if the strips of leds are Satic sensitive like a few of my last light builds were. Normally its on the lead board packaging or the microchip packaging. Man hows it wired? In series? In parrellel? Double parallel? They may require you ship it in.

8 Likes

I believe It’s Parallel because a majority of the strips work. Series would have caused them all to go out correct?

I think you’re right troubleshooting.
I press on the front of the led not touching it. They still have clear shield. Then the lights turn on.

Thanks for the input everyone. I really wanted to keep a log in 1000w vs the LED equivalent.

5 Likes

Don’t give up brother, the light is worth fixing

2 Likes

Ohh thats great news. Probably just broke the solder. Thats good news you may be able to fix it!

3 Likes