LED Upgrade for 8x4 Tent :)

So I just upgraded my grow space to an 8x4 AC Infinity tent which seems great so far. The only issue is that I am still running a Sonofarm 400 watt LED.
I may have enough funds left from a school loan to upgrade so I want some input from this community before I go and drop 2 grand on lights. :crazy_face:

I’ve been thinking of giving my business to GrowersHouse since I understand they are the reason for this forum.

Would 2 of these be optimal for my 8x4?

Kind LED X750 | direct from Growers House

Do you have any other brands/lights that you would recommend above this?

8 Likes

This is a very good light. Controllable spectrums is awesome.

5 Likes

That’s exactly what I was thinking :rofl:

If I was to buy HLG or another good LED I would still want to add UV at the least so why not get one with it all included?

Awesome, I’m glad I’m on the right track.

So 2 of these would be better than 1 right?

6 Likes

I recently got 2 hlg blackbirds one new for 525 and one refurb for 375 with 25% off with warranty looks brand new, 600 watts each for my 4x8 just finishing flowering I’m very satisfied hlg has great lights and customer service i also have 4 260xl rspec and 2 uva’s that fasten to blackbirds for 4 years and no problems lots of good lights out there good luck!

5 Likes

Medic grow is putting out some very nice and affordable lights
HLG is my go to as well love the Diablo boards
As mentioned above you can probably get some lights off the refurbished page two scorpions would cover that perfectly for like 14 1500 with a warranty medic would be somewhere in the same range I believe

5 Likes

@jj520

This one caught my attention. Two of those should cover me. It would be nice to have UV included but they’re definitely less expensive than the Kind LEDs.

7 Likes

Two of those would work real nice

5 Likes

I’ve never used KIND LED. I’ve never heard anything bad about them either. Two of those would do the job for you if what you want is all in one package. Lots of choices. Don’t pick a brand pick a light. There is a lot of good ones. Good luck. :+1:t3::v:t3:

7 Likes

I think I am going to get 2 of these if I have enough money to cover it. They have included UV bars and are still a better deal than those Kind LEDs. The only drawback is that the master controller is like $400 and I don’t know if I want to spend that kind of money for a controller. I think my AC Infinity controller might work with it…

Spectrum Y Wireless LED Grow Light- Dimming Tunable Spectrum (medicgrow.com)

This LED looks badass!

8 Likes

It is is one of their flagship lights if you’re going to get a controller their controller controls the spectrum of the light AC infinities controller will probably only control the environment in the room and turn on and dim your light I don’t believe it will control and tune your spectrum but I’m not sure I believe @bigj just picked up a spectrum x and another he may have some insight

8 Likes

Spectrum x has built in controller and will daisy chain up to like 50 spectrum y lights. The key is to get a spectrum x and spectrum y and no need for additional controllers. I have 2 separate environments so I have a spectrum x which has detachable uv/ir bars , 4 changeable spectrums , dimmer and built in timer 880 watts . I also have a Fold 8 , the fold 8 is more basic 760 watt with dimmer and single full spectrum

8 Likes

@bigj

Sweet! Thanks for the tip! That just saved me hundreds of dollars. I am going to get a SpectrumX and SpectrumY if I have enough. :heart_eyes:

7 Likes