Lesson 6: Watering

Discuss Volker’s Watering lecture here.

3 Likes

I know this is a stupid question, but when you mix the fertilizer with the gallon of water, your not suppose to give the plant all the water right? everyone says over watering is a main issue people have and a gallon seams like a lot. i guess if you have 4 or more plants but cud anyone point me in the right direction of how i should b thinking

5 Likes

Yes use the full strength mix for watering and allow 20% to come out of the bottom.if using non organic nutrients use fertilizer every second watering or mix fertilizer to half strength and use every watering. Once a week flush with pure water(allow 3x the volume of soil in container worth of water to come out of bottom of pot)

3 Likes

Depends from your needs of watering . If u water every day i will go with half strength , if its more then a day go with full strength , also pure water after 3 feeding its good idea. Checking your runoff on weekly base will give you idea about the EC and PH , and possible corrections .

5 Likes

No such thing, seriously. If you don’t know the answer, you probably aren’t alone and there’s so many people that won’t speak up and ask, so ask for yourself, and others is my thinking, but I do ask a lot of questions, lol

My best advice regarding overwatering isn’t how much during each watering/feeding but more to make sure the roots dry out pretty well before watering/feeding again.

3 Likes