Lessons straight from a true hash master!

Living in a very small farming area where would one look to source dry ice ?

3 Likes

Any welding gas supplier , possibly a grocery store or a ice cream supplier. If all else fails @covertgrower has a tech to make your own w a pillowcase and a can of co2 and I would imagine a regulator of some type

6 Likes

I have mine couriered to me from across the province.praxair or liquidair are a good start

5 Likes

Thanks for the guidance , ill check it out soon !

3 Likes

Super awesome topic hops.

5 Likes

Just saw some freeze dry units for doing fruit and vegs. I wish I could remember where. Seems like they were $200-$300. Should be able to search for them.

3 Likes

Just looked them up. Sorry, add a zero to the prices I told you.

4 Likes

thanks !! was wanting to know which bag would be best was leaning on 90 but the 160 will produce amounts to press and make hash - have watch Frenchy + good information believe he used the 160 then 220. So guess it’s the 160 instead of the 90 - have read where anything larger than a 90 micron is of little use in hash making (120m 160, ect) the book was “Hashish” by Robert Clark - thoughts ? so going to 160 like you mentioned - thanks !!! Peace

4 Likes

Totally depends on what u plan to make… Full spectrum hash is totally smokable, if you want to make full melt you want 75 micron or smaller,160 or smaller is fine enough hash for me.i actually prefer it for joints. U can’t roll full melt In a joint and get it to burn at the right temp unless u water it down too much to enjoy imo. So I would use the full melt to press up some rosin jam.and yes start w the 220 for dry sift for sure.then u can sift further.with live resin this won’t work and hence why I suggested shaking into iced water , so as to allow further separation.any trichome is still valuable , you can make edibles or I prefer to winterize while I have dry ice on hand. Basically makes shatter w alcohol, Great smoke. So like I said it’s all up to you what you want to smoke and u can always polish up the undesired portion into some sweet smoking honey, not a drop of chlorophyll to muck the extraction up!! Like tony the :tiger2: they are great!! (To smoke)

13 Likes

I’ll see if I can get @kapouic to help me post a video of some 160 micron dry sift from the purple crack outdoor my father grew. It’s almost dabable. It’s melt for sure, so I’d say strain dependant as well.my grannyskunk and alien orange congalease are almost the same

9 Likes

So what micron do you suggest to use for “hash Pressing” considering 90 then 120 —or 120 then 160 ? “hoppiefrog” thanks !!! for the good information - just doing dry ice at present not considering full melt or rosin yet; have been just “kiefing” a joint now and then interesting suggesting about shaking into iced water . some folks freeze their material and then use ?

2 Likes

CONGRATS my friend this looks like a amazing project Good luck and stay safe

3 Likes

You have it backwards start with the larger micron finish with the fine micron.

5 Likes

As said above do ur shake w the 160 or 220 micron I’d do 220 first If dry sift then shake material thru the 160 to clean it up.the remaining material would be full spectrum hash.

4 Likes

Got it !!! thanks

3 Likes

That’s another level @hoppiefrog. Looks amazing. My hash making is nothing like yours, I am very basic and put a cap on the time i spend. I put all the full melt ( 30 - 70 micron ) in one pile, that is my good stuff pile and then the rest in another pile. Need to buy some wax/parchment paper today to finish the process and dry it. But this is what I made on Saturday.

Cream ( 35 - 70 micron )

( Everything above 70 micron )

I like the dark oldschool hash so probably going to start off my grating this, letting it dry and agitate the leftovers to make something nice. Temple ball.

13 Likes

Very nice man u will have some treats for Christmas!

4 Likes

Have you ever thought of gravity polishing in water, I know you must be quick because the particulates can become water logged and drop down to the heads, but on your worse stuff, as an experiment maybe?

2 Likes

Good Luck. In Missouri there is ONE manufacturer in St. Louis.

1 Like

Not to sure what you mean? Sounds like the process of making bubble hash?

3 Likes