Light cycle change

Are they in DWC buckets for the final grow? The size it is now I’d just set it on a plate in a sunny room and hope for the best.

yes they are in their dwc buckets.

so water levels got too low. i did a water change and put more nutrients in. back under the light. leaves starting to get a little purple. does that mean light is too close?

I wait until the plants are well established before I put them into DWC, so I can’t offer too much help. Have you grown with this set-up before?

this is my first grow. other plant seems to be doing ok. other than leaves are getting a tint of purple.

I’m guessing both are about the same age? I would pull them out of there and get them into a proper seed starting place ASAP. Heat mat or a warm counter top, nice indirect sunlight, and a humidity dome. When they’re that small they really need to be treated tenderly. In about a month you can throw them into just about anything and they’ll thrive, but right now they need extra love.
Even put them in a dome that’s set on top of your growing bucket and use the same light.

what kind of medium should i use?

They’re good in that starter plug until they’re at least 6 inches tall.

seems like a good idea but the root is outside the fabric of the pellet. the other one looks good. the water was low in the one that was dying. it wasnt above the bottom layer of hydrotin. is it possible it was starving for water. or light damaged the root?

the one doing well looks good. ive seen someone put germinated seed right in dwc and it took off. so im gonna hope if was just a low water level and see what it looks like in the A.M. light turns off at 8am. ill check on it before then and see if she made progess or if other one looks worse. again thanks for the help.

this is the one not doing so well

This is what my clones look like before I take them out of the humidity dome and transplant them to veg. I water them once or twice a day depending how big their root system is.

you see anything wrong the the first pic i sent? that one had a good water level and other didnt have water making it to the peat pellet. i dont know why i used a peat pellet but i did. i germinated both on the same day which was saturday. not trying to fight your advice. i just know everyone does it differently. i dont have any cubes available. just peat pellets and the one that is dying has a root exposed out the sode of the peat fabric. would it be ok to put it as is under the light in a humidity dome. are you familiar with peat pellets?

saturday the 12th

I still stand by what I think the plants need to have their best shot. I’m not familiar with planting a seed directly into DWC, so someone might be better able to help you.

i plant to follow your advice if i can figure out away to not have the roots exposed

1 Like