Growers Network was created as a resource for adults in the cannabis industry.

Please verify your age to enter.

Light cycle for indoor grow but then moving outside mid veg?

Hi everyone! My name is mason and I am a at home grower, I am stuck in a hard place NEED HELP! Online I found plenty of information but never could find the answer to the question I have. So I’m starting my plants indoors but am going to move them outdoors right around the middle of May- early June, in the veg stage, I’m planning on following the natural sunlight/ daylight cycle in the area I live in while they are indoors, but there’s only 12 1/2 hours of sunlight outdoors when I plan on starting them after germination under the lights! So the question is, what light cycle should I put my seedlings under when I start them? Is 12 1/2 hours (following natural sunlight duration) too short ? Or my other conclusion was to set them on 14 hours a day off the bat and then put them outside in mid May when the daylight hours are that long. Need help! Thanks!

1 Like

So what light cycle should I keep my seedlings on during seedling stage when the outside natural light shedual seems to short ? Or is it?

you should gas light them until you have enough outside light to maintain vegetation. turn your lights on for 11 hours then off for 6 hours then back on for 1 hour then off again for 6 hours. you will decrease your energy cost by at least 33 percent and your plants will do better.

1 Like

I didn’t the same move in late September last year. Our Spring in South Africa starts in September. My lights was on 16 hours on and 8 hours off (so I could sleep, grow box in my room). Outside the hours was around 13 hours. Remember now the hours are becoming longer still. When I put them outside. They vegged for about a week and then went into flower. 3 Purple Punch finished flowering in December and 3 other plants also started flowering and then in December started to reveg again and now into flower again from the Jan/Feb side. Our light cycle changed (Autumn) on the 2nd of February.