Lights, Flushing and darkness

I need a bit of advice.
My grow is close to done. I’m flushing currently.
I can’t harvest for at least 2 wks due to medical issues.
A buddy who knows a bit more than me suggested lights out which I typically do for 36 hrs before the cut.

How long can i stay dark and not harm the plants. I don’t want to let them keep the same schedule, they likely be way past the date for cutting for my taste. I’m considering a 3-4 hr light schedule reduction instead of no light for a week -14 days.
From what i read 7-10 they should be fine but I’m hesitant to just leave them in the dark that long. They are on the lowest brightness and i have an extra foot to raise.
Any comments will be appreciated.

4 Likes

Hi @cultiv8er

I agree with you about the lights, I think leaving them in the dark could create problems like mold or powdery mildew. Something you could try is reducing the light schedule to limit the stress to the plants and growth. Check out this gas lantern method. that could give you some good ideas as how to reduce your lights.

3 Likes

Thanks alot!!! I considered the mold factor but keeping the rh in check independent of the light schedule and a not so crowded space helps avoid that possible disaster, but it’s a legitimate concern along the path. I’m at 50 so I have plenty of margin. I’m trying to keep them in the 45 rh range. The buds have swelled overnight w the 1st dark night. The buds are pretty firm too. The fade is primarily in one of 2 sites, the other showing little to none. I”ll take a look at your link. Much appreciated!

5 Likes

I always give mine 48 hours of darkness I leave a fan in there running so there’s this light breeze

6 Likes