Lights, Lights and more LIGHTS

I think you are right, I know there was some former relationship with HLG but am not sure what that was.

6 Likes

The efficiency and output in them are good, I’m currently running the SE5000 because I’m sponsored by them. I have been having good results with it and the detachable drivers are very helpful for tents. My only concern with SF is some of the reviews I read having to do with returns ect. I think UK is a different division and has much higher trustpilot scores then the NA division. ( Same light, seemingly different customer service) I have never had a problem with there equipment but reading stuff like this makes me think they still have some work to do. Spider Farmer Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of www.spider-farmer.com

5 Likes

Those are some sincerely concerning reviews indeed. Worrying score. With a 3.5 score the UK division seems to do a little better but it’s not good and also them get a lot of negative reviews about the customer support and after-sales service… Food for thought… But your overall experience with them is alright I understand?
It’s hard to get Mammoth lights in Australia it seems. Haven’t found a trustworthy distributor yet so far.
Grand Master Led’s can be bought off their website and shipped straight down under, but not sure what taxes apply buying from a US store.

5 Likes

I haven’t had any problems with them, I have one of their tents a sf2000 and an se5000. To be honest I do really like the lights just not the customer service reviews.

5 Likes

I’ve been running the sf2000 for 11 months in a perpetual grow and the se5000 for 4 months. They might get a few days rest in-between rounds but that’s about it. The sf2000 doesn’t like really high veg humidity I forget the exact percentage but something like 75-80+ Rh.

I have 2 floraflex 650s in boxes and sold a meijiu 650 watt that I was running before. The Sf 5000 is a little lower watt then the meijiu was but is higher efficiency and has added uv. Driver cable is long enough that I could mount it outside the tent which the other lights I have had didn’t. Helped alot with keeping my temps down during the summer.

5 Likes
6 Likes

I wanted to try the luxx red lighting for growing. Then they went out of business. @Slym3r said they got bought out by another company?? Damn i got 3 of there lights and timer all set up.

5 Likes

Gavita / Hawthorne Bro…surprised…
Sued them into submission…surprised.

6 Likes

Yeah heard that monsanto has something to do with all of that. Not cool man!

6 Likes

Nah. Not cool at all. Suing the little guy out of competition. Then buy whatever is left of them. Shark practices. Hawthorne / Monsanto / Scotts Miracle, same people.
But hey, Growers Network/Growershouse do collabs with them as well :sweat_smile: Gotta work with the devil to play with the high rollers I guess…

5 Likes

I suggest to read many reviews. Many times you pay for a “name brand” when in reality? ALL THE PARTS are manufactured in China, most are also assembled and wired there.

Read reviews, consider the length of warranty also. Light spread is just as important as light spectrum, especially if you fill up your grow area.

~my 2 cents anyways

5 Likes

Half a sec. I have some literature on that @PreyBird1 @MrMonkey420 @Dog_Fart1

4 Likes

This was a conversation between @NateCannaCribs and I.

I noticed the person he interviewed is saying that Monsanto owns Scotts and Hawthorne. Scotts does own Hawthorne, but Monsanto does not own Scotts. Monsanto did create the product Round Up and Scotts has the exclusive distribution rights to that product in the the US and Europe. Scotts manufactures hundreds if not thousands of products. I think some people got their wires crossed thinking Monsanto owns Scotts. They are two separate companies that collaborated on a couple products together. Monsanto has nothing to do with any of the products manufactured or distributed by Hawthorne.

Now, all that said, I’m also not a fan of Monsanto. I would not want to directly support them in any way. Also, the name Hawthorne Gardening Company might not be as shifty as many people think. They just started a division with a new name because the Scotts Miracle-Gro name is still very friendly with middle America. If they’re doing stuff with cannabis, they want a different brand to operate under because they don’t want to alienate their conservative base that buys their soils and nutrients at Home Depot.

Hawthorne bought General Hydroponics, Botanicare, Gavita, Can Filters, Hydro Logic, Sunlight Supply and a few more. Although Hawthorne owns those companies now, they are ran by a lot of the same people. Those people are my friends. They were there before Hawthorne bought them and they’re still there now. I still work with these people and love supporting them. I go to their weddings, know their spouses, go out to dinner, etc… These are not bad people.

5 Likes

Good to hear. I knew Monsanto doesn’t own Scotts or vice versa. Monsanto is Bayer. Monsanto & Scotts have a multiple decade partnership over the Round-Up product line indeed.

I’m still having my doubts about the company’s integrity, seeing how they “acquire” their daughter companies. It’s not a secret that they like to sue the competition till death. Whether over a patent infringement or something else.
A 2019 patent infringement case example vs. Luxx (BEFORE Hawthorne acquired Luxx): https://insight.rpxcorp.com/litigation_documents/13289798

Time will tell if they truly are a blessing to the industry or the next money-hungry, competition-killing, company-swallowing investment group.

Hawthorne will probably make Growershouse ‘an offer Nate can’t refuse’ within 5 years lol :rofl:

6 Likes

Hey mate, did you end up getting a new light for your flower tent??

Im in straya too and looking at 4x4 lighting options. Cheapest option for me is to grab another mh sp3000 and run two of those which will give me plenty of light but they arent the most efficient lights and with the cost of electricity increasing constantly im thinking it will.be worth investing in a commercial grade light with high efficiency.

7 Likes

I’m actually running two spider farmer se 7000s in my big flower tent , I have no complaints :blush:

6 Likes

6 Likes

I haven’t yet. There’s no hurry. Mammoth has got my attention at this point tho. Seems fairly sharp priced against a good efficiency & spectrum.
I sent you a dm a week ago btw. Would like to organise a get-together for the aussie growers that are interested, at some point. Currently I’m still in Belgium so it’ll have to wait a bit.

5 Likes

I didnt know i could get dms lol. It would be good to meet with some aussie growers that are actually passionate about growing quality flower.

Your flower tent looks awesome, i wish i had that much room but for now ill just run a 4x4 for flower and 2x4 veg.

7 Likes

I think Mammoth is back ordered by a few months now

5 Likes