Lights, Lights and more LIGHTS

Hello Canna Fam,
While ive been in the backdrop mainly these last few weeks just reading and looking at all the AMAZING stuff all of you have to post … Im to the point where I want to start making decisions about my Lighting so i figured i would come here and ask ALL of you and your OPINIONS… Im not ready to build my own yet im not that advanced while i know quite a bit im not comfortable with that … so all of your opinions would be appreciated
So far Ive been looking at
MarsHydro-C 8000 SAMSUNG LM301B OSRAM 800W CO2 COMMERCIAL LED GROW LIGHT

Kind LED - X2 Commercial grow light

Cannabis Max II grow light - High Bay LED system
and last but not least
Spider farmer- SE 1000w Full spec

sooooo like i said ive been doing allot of research now i want the “Pros” opinion bc you guys have Experience on me an that is PRICELESS thanks in advance
Your Hostile Hippie
Kaos/Rob

7 Likes

I purchased a few really expensive lights and love them. When I decided to set up a new 4×8 tent I needed new lights again but needed to go a lil cheaper. I’ve got one grow so far under the Spider Farmer lights and have no issue with them at all. Lots of light for the price tag in my opinion and they work very well. :grin:

6 Likes

Truthfully I really like the Spider Farmer Light systems and Mars Hydro but I’m still here to learn all I can I genuinely appreciate the input this is why I’m here! :grin: :money_mouth_face: :alien:

3 Likes

I second that on the Spider farmer, they use Samsung diodes, and osram red led’s, as well as the UV’s. They use a Meanwell driver which is at the top of the heap too. They may not be IP 65 or whatever on the waterproofing but I ran one for two years zero problems, and still have it. The new ones have a dimmer, and now SF has come out with a digital programmer, but not sure what it will do or which model of their lights it will control.

I had two of the Durolux that I got for side lighting, and they did so well with that task that I bought one more for my bigger 5x5 tent, three of them covers the tent perfectly and grows great bud. The one thing they are lacking in the 5500k model I use have no red or IR or UV so I am doing that with supplemental lighting strips from Rapid LED. Durolux also makes a warmer one with red in it and not sure what else, but it is a pink rather than white light, those have a lot more red in them, and are actually cheaper than the 5500 K . But they only work with tents 4’ on one dimention or bigger in one direction because they are 4" long. A few weeks back the Durolux were on sale for $78 each. 4’x1’. they have since went back up but still a bargain. But like I said you have to put some supplemental boards along with them for the flower.

Marty

6 Likes

EnFun EF-2000 LED Grow Light Samsung LM301B Diodes & MeanWell Driver Dimmable Grow Lights Full Spectrum for Indoor Hydroponic Plants Veg Bloom 4x4 FT Footprint 240W https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08C7DYMR9/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_TD4D6QE4HGWW3Q7C4C0K?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

5 Likes

Are you going to be running Co2 and what is your canopy size

4 Likes

That doesn’t look too bad at all for the price, only enough for a 2x2 tent though. These LED just keep going down. That’s a good thing.

Marty

6 Likes

Ya I use 2 sets in my 4x4, they are fantastic.

4 Likes

Whats the Budget you have allocated for your Sun/Light??

3 Likes

Im Looking to honestly spend what I need I have the chance to actually do this the right way! so the sky is the limit to be honest and i would rather get something now that is going to last me even if it costs more i feel like i need to invest to get this made proper

5 Likes

I was planning on running C02 and im starting off in a 10x10 Gorilla grow tents and plan on Building my own grow room to spec as i have my first one running in the house

6 Likes

The Kind led has adjustable spectrum which is nice but the efficiency and ppfd aren’t that great especially if your running Co2. The cannabis max 2 is missing some very important information about efficiency and I don’t think they’ve been DLC tested.

There are 4 lights/ companies on this thread I would also recommend looking at Best True 1000 Watt Led Lights?

I believe they are all DLC tested and higher efficiency then the first 2 I mentioned. The fohse is the only one that has an adjustable spectrum but they should all be able to put out 1500ppfd so you can take full advantage of the CO2. The chill led only has a 3 year warranty from what I can see. Iluminar also has a nice 1000 with a 5 year warranty.

6 Likes

I was just curious. Because im over 10k in lighting only. When i added it all up including my lab im like 25k. My commercial trimmer is 3k alone.

4 Likes

Looking for a new flower light, in the 600W-700W zone I guess, for a 4x4 tent. What’s popping out these days? Not much of a fan of the boards, rather bar-typ lights :call_me_hand:

No hobby-stuff. We need the commercial grade quali.

4 Likes

Mammoth and Grand master Led have some interesting fixtures out right now both are pretty high efficiency. A chart from mammoth

5 Likes

Specs from a Grand master led light Designed for Commercial production, vertical racks, low ceilings and grow tents
Highest Efficiency 2 Channel Full Spectrum in the world
2.99 μmol/j
730nm Separate Channel Spectrum
IP 66 Waterproof
Folding Design for fast and easy installation
Knob Dimming
Compatible with all controllers through RJ12 port
Main Driver is an Inventronics EUM-680
Secondary Channel Driver is Fahold FD-75E
5 Year Warranty

They are also dlc certified and hold one of if not the record for efficiency on migrow testing as well

6 Likes

Thanks treetrunks! Took a quick look… 44"x44"…hope these measurements are right. Should fit 4x4 tents.

Keep it coming everyone!

6 Likes

Good info right thare lol.

4 Likes

I know I know, I said no hobby stuff cause I’m not too big of a fan of the ‘hobby brands’ like Mars Hydro, Vipar Specra, Spider Farmer, AC-Infinity, …

But this one caught my eye tho. If the numbers are somewhat right, than this a pretty sharp fixture right there… Great efficiency and good output…

Note that these are Aussie prices.

6 Likes

If I am not mistaken that is a Lead engineer or Former CEO of HLG…so same similar tech on that diablo clone.

6 Likes