Live resin Vs. resin

Any thoughts on this ? We are being told that we can get $60-$80 retail . Seems like a dupe, but things are worth what people pay…

2 Likes

Per gram? That’s really high.

Thats what I was thinking , but apparently people are paying it. We are running numbers against bud and trim converted into oil Vs. blowing everything into “live resin”. Just curious if anyone else is seeing this “Live resin” fad.

1 Like

We see it sold in the dispensaries here, usually for more of a premium (nothing that high in price though, but after visiting Washington and California and checking out their rec prices, I see it really does swing depending on the state (personally as a consumer I think Colorado has the cheapest pricing for goods, I was blown away at the prices in Washington/Cali.)

There’s also some marketing that goes with it “live, fresh, capture those fresh terpenes,” etc etc. I’ve had live rosin, it is indeed very flavorful, but more potent? Ehhhh. It’s for the connoisseur, the flavor hunter. Just my opinion anyway (as a consumer who sees it on the shelf trying to bedazzle.)

2 Likes

In Canada, BC at least, we see prices for shatter averaging $60-70 dollars per gram. The lowest I’ve ever seen it is $40, but that was when it first became popular.
As for live resin it’s normal to see it priced higher. Within the $70-80 range.
At first this attracted me as somebody who enjoys quality so I tried it. And yes I’ll admit I enjoyed the experience, very much so. But then with my curious mind I looked into the process of making it and while I enjoyed the simplicity and purity of the process, I just didn’t understand why it was so much more expensive.
When shatter requires so much more equipment, is a longer process and and is more dangerous then why is it cheaper?
As a future licenced producer here we plan on creating live resin out of our trimmings as we will be federally banned from using most solvents, and its cheap to produce. But we sure as hell aren’t going to jack the prices for it. I feel $40-60 per gram is a fair retail price, depending on quality etc. And we plan on setting our wholesale price points accordingly.

1 Like

First year in Oregon people were getting that much per gram for live resin. It is now down to $30 tax included. Still pretty good when low end hash is getting $15-20 tax included, but on par with terpy shatters and whatnot.

Live it up while you can and prepare for the inevitable.

1 Like

I should add that Oregon didn’t cap licenses and over produced by 3x consumption. It’s been a wild ride, but it did decimate the black market. Everyone I know who was trying to keep going under the radar just gave up. The ship should be righting itself this year. The power of free market economies is pretty impressive. It did what the state could only hoped to have done via enforcement.

1 Like