Looking for an LED grow light to replace my 1000K MH in a Magnum xxxl Hood

I’m ready for an upgrade in my veg room. Looking for an LED that will replace my 1000 watt MH light. Needs to be quality, full spectrum preferably including ir and UV.

any suggestions?

5 Likes

Oh Hell yeah!!!

Expect the BEST of the BEST from a bar-type LED growlight! EVEN canopy and good, deep light penetration combined with a wide spectrum :+1: I had the Lumatek counterpart.

5 Likes

hey that’s pretty nice. I pulled the trigger over the weekend on a Mammoth light. I’ve been looking at these lights for a while and the company had a sale over the weekend. I got this for 20% off.

4 Likes

Reckon this one won’t disappoint either! Spectrum looks good. Output is more than enough.
I just love the bar type lights. I get far better results with 'em compared to the other LED’s (quantum board style).

5 Likes

I’m also curious about this light from Iluminar, might get it for my 4x4 flowering tents soon.

Great wide spectrum! It features UVA + Far Red built in as well!

4 Likes

the thing i love about the mammoth light is it’s completely modular so upgrades along with any warranty/replacement needs will be a breeze. light arrived yesterday. It’s really kewl. i can get an upgrade for it, which consists of 2 uV bars for about $350, which i will probably be doing later this summer.

i have a theory, the plant in the wild gets the most amount of uv ib the northern hemisphere on June 21st, a full month and a half before it starts to flower. this is why i want more uv in veg. make sense?

here’s a comparison with top LED’s

sorry about the flash mark but its a more comprehensive comparison that what is shown on the website. this is from the literature that came with the light. The warranty mammoth offers is also the best among the other companies i looked at

5 Likes

unpacking. this light is fucking huge and the packaging is very loud. Thankfully out folds in half for easy moving. it’s about 4x4.5 feet

7 Likes

Looks pretty nice! What did it set you back?

6 Likes

they had a sale on memorial day weekend; $845 shipped. I really like the engineering that went into this light. Each individual bar can be removed and replaced. More power modules and bars can be added. They offer a 2 bar uV add-on i may be getting when funds are available. Also, given the modularity of the light, i can replace things as technology improves without replacing the entire light. the warranty Mammoth offers is much better than the other companies I looked at - 5 years if this farts wrong they’ll replaced what needs to be replaced.

the thing does require 2 plugs of power. I think i only have 1 outlet spot available. I may have to run a new outlet for it, not a big deal. I have plenty of leftover wiring…

correction: it doesn’t need 2 power plugs. I was stoned.

7 Likes

That’s the best attitude to have when life throws a problem at us

7 Likes

Why not plug in a splitter?

6 Likes

Or a high joul surge protector

7 Likes

well, i will say the instructions are not for the everyday stoner. LOL. I figured it out. One plug is for 110, the other plug is for 220. Only uses one. I hindsight, it was rather easy to put together. Stared at the instructions this weekend, and figured it out.
Simply saying this light is huge would be a mistake. Huge understatement. It’s about 65% bigger than the magnum XXXL hood i just took down. needless to say, i will have to revamp my entire veg room to make room. I have to duck under the light to get to the narrow entryway to the work room where the sink, nutes, supplies and entrance to the flowr room. Probably need to revamp anyway. I have a couple ideas. However, the light is installed and working beautifully. It has a dial a watt knob that will bring it from off to 30% to 110% and you can daisy chain it with other lights. pretty kewl. pics soon

6 Likes

Man this explains A LOT haha! I was thinking to myself that I had never come across one light that required multiple power plugs :sweat_smile: But hey, I’m not surprised by much anymore so could have could have :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

yeah, i had covid at the time too so probably wasn’t thinking as straight as I have.

this is light huge. I couldn’t get back enough from it to get a decent pic. I hope ya’ll get an idea though.

i have to revamp the ver room nowhere’s a couple tweaks i can make so this thing fits better. At the moment i have to duck under it to get into the workroom and then in to the flower room But, the temps in the veg room and the rest of the house are much much better. Outside it’s been running in the high 90’s and switching out the MH and magnum XXXl hood, even being air cooled, with the Mammoth LED and dropped the tempos about 10 degrees down there.

6 Likes

i have to say the difference in heat output from the new LED is remarkable compared to the 1K watt MH in an air cooled hood. my house is so much cooler, which will greatly reduce my electric bill since my air conditoners are not fighting said heat like they used to.

5 Likes

Yep one of the biggest advantages of led is reduced heat. And power bills are much lower. But i spent literally a month with a calculator and internet searching voltage on lights fans and equipment. I can runn all my tents for no more than $250-300 a month. I bought the best quality and lowest watt equipment i could get. And i can use between 4000 watts and up to 12,000 watts. But i always run my equipment at no more than 75% power. And when i built my own lights i used lower watt drivers so at full power they still dont drive the quantum boards to there full potential and this saves me wear and tear on my equipment and makes the lights life longer over time.

6 Likes

Check out SANlight. High quality, manufactured in Austria. Very broad spectrum. Including UV and far red. Here the link to the website https://www.sanlight.com/en/product-series/sanlight-evo-2/

5 Likes

nice looking lights. Honestly I’m not sure I’m willing to import to the US what I can get here though. I the whole reason I went with Mammoth Lighting is because the people I spoke with on the phone are super nice, spectrum is full including far red, onfra red and i can get add on UV bars for it, the warranty on the lights is the best i’ve seen yet (5 years - anything goes wrong and they replace it), they are modular so it something does go wrong i just unplug the bad part and send it back without losing the whole light, and, being modular, it’s upgrade-able without having to replace the entire light. So if your light can do that, I’ll consider importing.

2 Likes